Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #1 
MusicArtBettas

Question Bubble Nests!!!!!

Both my bettas made a bubble nest!!! Im super excited, because ive researched this and ut says a bubble nest means they are happy abd heathy in tgere tank. Is this true? & also while I at it, im thinking about getting my babies a new heater, but ut needs to be cheap. So where can I get it? Wgat temp does it have to be at? And does it have to be plugged in. HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY :)
MusicArtBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:27 AM   #2 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

If they are making a bubble nest it means they are happy my bettas do it when their water is clean and at a comfortable temperature. You must be taking good care of your bettas :)
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:33 AM   #3 
LebronTheBetta

It doesn't mean they're happy. It just means they're protecting territory and ready to breed. Not really a big deal. But it's great they're still active in a .5 divided!
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:12 AM   #4 
acadialover

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
It doesn't mean they're happy. It just means they're protecting territory and ready to breed. Not really a big deal. But it's great they're still active in a .5 divided!
Lebron ... you crack me up. YOu sure know how to put the light out at the party !!
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:23 AM   #5 
SpookyTooth

As Lebron correctly stated, bubble nests unfortunately do not indicate happiness - that would be awesome though!

The temperature you want to maintain for your bettas is between 76 and 82 degrees F. Heaters do need to be plugged into a power socket. How large is your tank? Anything below a gallon can't be safely heated from the research I've done, I don't honestly think good quality heaters are available for anything less than a 1 gallon.
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #6 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

I guess Lebron is right it doesn't mean they are happy but bettas will not build bubble nests if they are deppresed, uncomfortable, or if their tank is dirty :)
My mistake what i said before :)
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #7 
quickpatch

It is true that the nests mark territory, but the good news is that your betta is busy doing what bettas do, and that is a great thing. I have a very large fenced yard for my dog. I love to look out and see him sniffing and exploring his territory. I call it doing dog stuff. Congratulations Hailey your bettas are doing betta stuff.
quickpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #8 
LebronTheBetta

It's the truth... I wish it meant they're happy too, but it doesn't. :/ Well, I just don't want wrong info known by some of the members here. I mean, it's great they made nests but there's nothing to be really happy about IMO. Wow, I do sound like a buzzkill and I should be happy but, I'm just having a weird day. The info about the nests is true, though.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #9 
jake1515

What I think some people are trying to say is that you should get a bigger tank for yo fishies if you want to get a heater. Tanks are not that expensive and a good heater is not bad.

<3 bubblenests regardless
jake1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #10 
megaredize

there has already been a thread full of people telling MusicartBettas that it would be best for a bigger tank. they know all about it. but unfortunately cannot upgrade, at least not at present time.

yay for the bubblenests!
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote