Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-27-2012, 11:52 PM   #1 
Kon

Arrow Looking to Upgrade: Suggestions?

My betta is currently in a 1.5 gallon tank (I do a lot of water changes to keep the water clean and clear). He recently start nipping at his tail out of boredom so I'm looking to get him a new tank hoping the extra room will cure his boredom. I'm looking for a desktop tank thats around 4-5 gallons. I have looked at Petco and Petsmart and haven't seen the perfect tank yet. Any suggestions? :) And I'd love to see pictures of your own tanks~
Kon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Low filter heated wider that taller bigger tank the longer betta lives also add varied food like some pellets flightless fruit flies freeze dried brine shrimp a floating betta log my fish loves fish I keep mine in a 10gallon tank but you will probably have to buy a new filter.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #3 
teeneythebetta

A lot of people like the 6.6 gallon book shelf tank from petco because it is longer than tall..

walmart also has a 5 gallon starter kit a little more expesnive online, but i think its about $35 in store http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-Aqua...-Pets/12177653

Add tranquility and beauty to any living space with the Tetra Aquarium Starter Kit. This five-gallon aquarium kit includes enrollment in Tetra's free TetraCare program to help you get started. The glass tank includes a hood light and power filter (complete with three-stage filtration) to help your aquarium stay clean. Plus, your Tetra Kit includes starter samples of TertaMin Tropical Flake Food and instructions on how to keep your fish tank extra clean. Welcome your fish family into their new home with AquaSafe water conditioner, so they breathe easy in their new fish tank.

Tetra Aquarium Starter Kit:
  • Bio-Bag Filter cartridge
  • Three-stage filtration
  • Fish net
  • AquaSafe water conditioner
  • Tank size: 5 gallons
  • Glass tank
  • Hood with light
  • Powerfilter
  • Starter samples of Tetramin Flake Food
  • Instructions on water care
  • Free enrollment in TetraCare program
Im not sure what kind of heater you have in your tank, but for a 2.5 gal tank you need a 25 watt heater but no more than 50 watts... adjustable with a thermostat.. heres a good one if you need a new heater ;)
http://www.amazon.com/ViaAqua-50-Wat.../dp/B005440HLO

Last edited by teeneythebetta; 08-28-2012 at 09:26 AM.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #4 
Freyja
Banned

Petsmart had the 5.5g Top Fin starter kit. Marineland also has a 4g tank, which can also be found at Petsmart; it is more expensive than the Top Fin though.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new tank 5 gallon