Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #11 
otter

wowzer! dont bother with that! maybe later in your career if you start breeding even more and have high demands
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #12 
Shaelene Sundlie

Thanks you guys i will let you know when i breed and will post pics of my breeding pairs once i get them and will let you know when my fry are for sale.
Any more people interested?
Shaelene Sundlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #13 
Shaelene Sundlie

Thanks you guys i will let you know when i breed and will post pics of my breeding pairs once i get them and will let you know when my fry are for sale.
Any more people interested?
Old 08-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #14 
Shaelene Sundlie

sorry it double posted
Old 08-26-2012, 04:07 AM   #15 
Basement Bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaelene Sundlie View Post
I am going to breed HM's but i need possible buyers. I live in Alberta, Canada and will ship through out Canada. Let me know if you would like to buy one of my bettas. Colors will depend on what you want i am open to ideas and will let you know what colors i end up breeding please give me suggestions :) i will also be breeding double tails in the future and rose tails [if i can find some]
Really need to establish yourself as a quality breeder first. And since you have not even spawned you do not know if you can get a HM bred and raised with perfect finnage. Each step along the way has it's share of issues. It is not as easy as it looks and you will NOT make money doing it. Be lucky to break even.

Join the IBC and get a copy of their standards. Then breed to that. Show the fish so you have some credibility. Otherwise see if a local fish shop will take your fish. In the US getting $1/fish is great. My local shops pay .16/per fish.. and that includes the import and shipping fees.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:15 AM   #16 
Basement Bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaelene Sundlie View Post
Hey otter i would ship to you if someone could tell me how to ship to a different country and i might even send you a free fish to see if he survives
You need an export license. Then will have to arrange for transshippers in the countries you ship to to receive them and ship to new owners. And shipping a fish to see if it survives!? Before you ship the first fish you better know how to properly prepare them for shipping and how to package them.

You are putting yourself out as totally ignorant with big dollar signs dancing in your eyes. You don't have a clue about genetics and raising fish or even shipping to new homes. Can't imagine anyone in their right mind buying bettas from you. Maybe you should see if you can get fish raised before you even start to think about shipping to distant lands.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #17 
Curlyfatbottom

If your asking for buyer before producing a the fish
Just making u sound like a fish mill
Breed to hit a quota
If this is your first time breeding
Hm can b a disappoint breed
Curlyfatbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #18 
babystarz

I would also add that you really must find out how to ship the fish quickly if you want to send internationally. I've had both normal first class type packages and priority packages from Canada take over 20 days to reach me, and I'm in a state that borders Canada. Also shipping from Canada is prohibitively expensive even for cheap packages compared to other countries, so you really really need to look into all of that before you consider international shipping or you could end up losing tons of money just on sending the fish - plus, buyers can get turned off by Canadian shipping prices and the hassle of working with trans shippers.

You should aim to sell/give away your fish to your local pet store to begin with until you have an established reputation and pics to prove you know what you're doing with your lines. Even then, you should do your best to market your fish within Canada and only ship out of the country as an exception for extremely interested buyers who are willing to foot the costs. It'll be easier on both you and the fish.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:16 PM   #19 
Shaelene Sundlie

Yeah i'm not going to be shipping to any other country's for a while or until i'm well into my career