Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #11 
jimbob

Ive had a look around the pet stores which where open today and none of them sell any betta food.
One store tried to sell me some standard tropical pellets and said they are fine for Bettas. (Nice try mate)

so I am still stuck with Tetra betta flakes from the LFS where I got him from.

I will check at this aquatics store tomorrow after work to see if they have it or if they could order some in.

The blank gunk has gone from his tail so hopefully it will start re-growing soon. Any recommendations on what I can do to help?

I use API stress coat as my conditioner since it removes chloramines which my local water company uses
jimbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #12 
deso

I'm assuming you're located in the UK, so if can't find NLS after you visit the aquatics store, I have a great website for you where you can order it. I buy my jars of NLS Betta Formula from them, since the NLS company has no distributors in France. They post quickly and their customer service is brilliant: http://www.ta-aquaculture.co.uk/

Just keep the temperature at a steady 26.5 - 27 degrees and make sure your betta's water is spotlessly clean at all times. That's the best thing you can do to help with his fin rot.
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #13 
jimbob

You do assume correct.
I will have to order from there if Maidenhead aquatics doesn't have any
jimbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #14 
deso

A post on another forum I was reading says that Maidenhead Aquatics stocks it, but that thread was from 2009, so no guarantees, unfortunately. It's possibly the best commercial pellet food ingredients-wise on the market at present, and I do think it's worth the slightly higher price (as compared to Tetra) and trouble of finding it.
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #15 
babystarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
The blank gunk has gone from his tail so hopefully it will start re-growing soon. Any recommendations on what I can do to help?

I use API stress coat as my conditioner since it removes chloramines which my local water company uses
Since it is improving well on its own, you don't need to do much. Just make sure you're doing frequent water changes and his tail will re-grow well. Dirty water is what got him into that condition, so really all you need to heal him is consistently clean water. 30% water changes twice a week until his tail is well on its way with growing back, then you could probably reduce to one water change weekly. Live plants help with water filtration too, so if you're at all interested you might want to buy an anubias or two.

API stress coat is good, I prefer Prime myself (Seachem products across the board tend to be the best) but if it's not available where you are continue with the API :)
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote