Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2012, 05:16 PM   #14361 
babystarz

Wait, you do realize that plenty of straight people are against Chik-Fil-A right? Being against homophobia is not outing yourself. For all your parents know you're a straight ally. And if that's what you want them to believe, then you can tell them that. I know a lot of people who had intolerant parents and that prevented them from publicly coming out until college or later, at least to people in their hometowns.

If you do decide to come out to your parents, consider visiting a website that caters to GLBT teens and young adults. These sites have a lot of resources you can share with your parents, plus people who will be there to support you if they don't take things well.

And remember that you never have to be sorry for who you are!
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #14362 
Shirleythebetta

My stupid sister-in-law that I always complain about just ran up to me showing me a positive pregnancy test. OMG she is so stupid. She can't even pay her bills now as it is. What is going to be hard about this is I don't want to watch her screw up her life. I know in my heart God is being kiind by not letting me have a kid right now though. I want a career first and I don't want a baby to complicate things. My sis in law just really screwed up her life and she doesn't even know it yet. Her dreams are DONE.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #14363 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by babystarz View Post
Wait, you do realize that plenty of straight people are against Chik-Fil-A right? Being against homophobia is not outing yourself. For all your parents know you're a straight ally. And if that's what you want them to believe, then you can tell them that. I know a lot of people who had intolerant parents and that prevented them from publicly coming out until college or later, at least to people in their hometowns.

If you do decide to come out to your parents, consider visiting a website that caters to GLBT teens and young adults. These sites have a lot of resources you can share with your parents, plus people who will be there to support you if they don't take things well.

And remember that you never have to be sorry for who you are!
Um this is a little awkward now as I'm 29. Hardly a young adult.

I'm working on my certs to get into the tech industry and even then I'll live at home as times are hard and I'm sure they'd appritiate the help and then the rent I'd force on them, even though they wouldn't want me to pay them rent.

Honostly I'd just like it to be out and done with.

Shirley, yes she did. Babies are a lot of work and very expensive. My bro and his wife both work at great jobs and they still needed some help. Shoot I even had to loan them a chunk of change so they could get into a house. So I hope she knows what she's set into motion.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #14364 
djembekah

urgh new debit cards >.<
NOT WORKING TO PAY FOR SOMETHING so annoyed
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #14365 
Goldie2nd

Ok this is a good rant or whatever I feel great I will be getting a 2g or so tank for one of my three bettas. I'm so exited but I will be off for a few weeks so I'm nervous of leaving my babies behind, they will be taken cared of by my mother but still you know you worry. I'll be visiting a friend who i also comming to visit me in twoweeks and I'm so exited about this but so nervous that it all goes well. Firt time having a friend over at my own house so is something new for me. All of this has been so yes.
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #14366 
teeneythebetta

Short & Simple rant:

I HATE BACK YARD BREEDERS!!
*flags puppy posts in the pet section of craigslist*
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #14367 
dramaqueen
Banned

My brother ghknkz I should get a shelter dog instead of a purebred.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #14368 
teeneythebetta

You can adopt a pure bred. Shelters have quite a few pure breds, I used to volunteer at a no kill shelter.
Although I highly support adopting, it's ok to buy from a REPUTABLE breeder. Reputable breeders are hard to find because they actually care about making examples of the breed, NOT just the money. 99% of breeders are back yard breeders. One sign of reputable breeding is genetic health testing proof, AKC/UKC doesn't mean well bred- AKC will even register puppy mill pups... All the pups on Craigslist are BYBs. I've seen a million BYBs on puppy finder/pet finder too.

I wouldn't want to support BYBers because they are the ones overpopulating dogs and the reasons perfectly healthy friendly dogs are dying in shelters every single day.
Posted via Mobile Device
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:06 PM   #14369 
Aahnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
I'm sorry, thekinetic. My parents are the same way. I have a few friends who are gay, but my mom doesn't know- and out of curiosity, I asked her what she'd do if I told her I was gay (which I'm not, but I wanted to know)- and she said she'd have a "long, long talk" with me, which I found was upsetting- she'd try to change who I was, despite her saying that she'd love me no matter what? She says it's not black and white, and since she's a social worker she's somewhat biased, because most of the people she talks to has problems of some sort. It's ridiculous.

But as DQ's said, you were still the same person before they found out. I wouldn't worry too much; eventually they'll just have to accept that. Best of luck.
hmm that long long talk, may have been more about safety, then about something being wrong, you know? Sorry, it just struck me that way, but of course im not you and i wasnt there =)
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #14370 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Um this is a little awkward now as I'm 29. Hardly a young adult.

I'm working on my certs to get into the tech industry and even then I'll live at home as times are hard and I'm sure they'd appritiate the help and then the rent I'd force on them, even though they wouldn't want me to pay them rent.

Honostly I'd just like it to be out and done with.

Shirley, yes she did. Babies are a lot of work and very expensive. My bro and his wife both work at great jobs and they still needed some help. Shoot I even had to loan them a chunk of change so they could get into a house. So I hope she knows what she's set into motion.

She is an ultimate screw up. My husband asked her what she is going to do she said she would make it that was it. She showed me the pregnancy test like I was going to be all happy. I said uh huh. I think she is an idiot. She has made the statement that her mom and my husband would take care of the baby. She has another thing coming if she thinks we are going to help her. Her mom will but whats she going to do when her mom dies cuz she sure as heck ain't moving in with me. Dumb dumb dumb. Someone should neuter and cage them both. Stupid shouldn't be allowed to bree. Her husband has a kid with another woman he doesn't take care of. He is going to leave as soon as it starts getting rough. She is a moron.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou