Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #1 
callistra

Best Stands and placement question

I have 2 10 gallon permanent tanks to set up and two temporary 5 gallon tanks set up until the 10 gallons finish cycling.

I've recently moved and I had to leave the furniture behind that they are currently sitting on.

My first question.. can the 5 gallons safely remain on the floor (carpeting) while the 10g cycle? I just hate to go buy furniture just to hold them a month..

Second question, what stands do you suggest for a 10g? I thought about getting one of those stackable double stands that hold 2 10g, but I'm concerned about stability. I do have two places to put the stands.. one is on the second floor but I assume with something as light as 10g (under 100lbs) that it should hold just fine on the second floor.. most people weigh more than that.

I found these three stands:
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=3416319
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...uctId=11330032
http://www.petco.com/product/101402/...t=OnSiteSearch

Open to more thoughts/suggestions..
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #2 
clopez1

The 5gal should be fine on the floor, no other pets that can mess with it right? The only thing I would be concerned with walking into it forgetting it's there..I never liked the stalking stands because in most I've seen the bottom one is way too low for me and I don't want to have to bend to adjust anything or feed. The links you put are all nice stands.
clopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #3 
lelei

I like them all, and a few I was looking at as well, I like the cabinetry, doors and shelves for putting all the aquaria supplies, I am using a TV stand, same concept, and just as sturdy..and I found one for cheap at a local Salvation army..if you have those options, I would try there first.
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote