Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #14371 
babystarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Um this is a little awkward now as I'm 29. Hardly a young adult.

I'm working on my certs to get into the tech industry and even then I'll live at home as times are hard and I'm sure they'd appritiate the help and then the rent I'd force on them, even though they wouldn't want me to pay them rent.

Honostly I'd just like it to be out and done with.
Ha, my bad, I just assumed you were younger because this happens around ages 16-24 pretty frequently, when sexual orientation actually becomes relevant and therefore harder to hide. In your case, you're a full-fledged adult and you shouldn't have to hide who you are. So I agree, getting it over with is a good idea. Besides, the sooner you do it, the quicker your family can get over it. Although I'd be surprised if they have no inkling at all Either way, you may still want to look into GLBT sites in case your parents want some information, and feel weird asking you questions directly. It would be way better to have a credible source of information handy than them looking things up on Google and finding biblical verses and fundamentalist screeds about how terrible "the gays" are.

Last edited by babystarz; 08-28-2012 at 09:30 PM.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #14372 
BettaHeart

...... just remember some pregnancies never make it past 12 weeks if you are so keen on hating life .....

Rant: stupid fish can stay away from the syphon lol
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #14373 
Shirleythebetta

I don't hate life. I love babies and am usually thrilled to see family have a baby. I just don't like seeing a loved on screw hers up. She isn't going to be able to handle a kid. She has dreams of a house and brand new cars and she is impatient. She and her husband cuss at each other in front of her step son. That's bad parenting In any form. So nope I love life especially when its in The right womb. If she is pregnant I will wish the baby health. I had a miss carriage once and it broke my heart.

she Has kidney problems and has a high probability of killing herself with this pregnancy. Just because I dont want a child right now doesnt mean I hate life. I just know she is going to try to get my husband to take care of her house and finances and it is t happening. His family has no priorities. I want an education and a house before I have a child many years down the road. She barely makes over minimum wage and so does her husband. They live in a trailer that has no heat I. The winter and they can't afford their current bills. They can't take care of a baby

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 08-28-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #14374 
Shirleythebetta

I hate auto correct. Dang tablets
Old 08-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #14375 
BettaHeart

lol yeah auto correct makes things really awkward at the wrong times....

from what you have cleared up, i hope you can talk her into adoption especially when you know shes not going to be able to care for a newborn. As this baby's aunt, making sure he/she has the best possible beginning is the most important.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #14376 
Shirleythebetta

Talking

That's all I can do I suppose. She will never give it up. Its just sad for me that a little baby will grow up in a similar house I did. Mom and dad screaming each oth,. I'll just be its safe place to land a d report her if the. Abuse happens. I. Won't sit buy and watch this kid get told its stupid like her husbands son gets. Yep he tells an eight year old he is stupid...

Gee I can't type today look at that stupid smiley on a sad post
Old 08-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #14377 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by babystarz View Post
Ha, my bad, I just assumed you were younger because this happens around ages 16-24 pretty frequently, when sexual orientation actually becomes relevant and therefore harder to hide. In your case, you're a full-fledged adult and you shouldn't have to hide who you are. So I agree, getting it over with is a good idea. Besides, the sooner you do it, the quicker your family can get over it. Although I'd be surprised if they have no inkling at all Either way, you may still want to look into GLBT sites in case your parents want some information, and feel weird asking you questions directly. It would be way better to have a credible source of information handy than them looking things up on Google and finding biblical verses and fundamentalist screeds about how terrible "the gays" are.
I understand it does but you see I have been lying to myself for too long, only recently have I finally just admitted to myself. At first I was straight or so I wanted to believe, then over time and discovery I then began to think perhaps I was bi, but then it just dawned on me that I was leaning more and more everyday to the gay side until I finally just admitted it. What burdens that came with each where replaced by more, until here I am with the only burden being telling the world.

I've no fear of biblical verses and screeds. They know I'm level headed and I understand much. Besides when I'm truely trying to make someone understand my words have almost a mystical energy to them, like they were made of gold.

The hardest part will be bringing it up, fortunatly I'm not a liar. If asked I will answer, and while it's not always the answer one would expect, it's never a lie. Like once my dad asked me if I were gay, after a remark I made, and I said no. You see at the time I felt I was bi, so it really wasn't a lie, but now the answer would be different. Come what may.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:29 AM   #14378 
Betta Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahnay View Post
hmm that long long talk, may have been more about safety, then about something being wrong, you know? Sorry, it just struck me that way, but of course im not you and i wasnt there =)

Ohhohoho no, my mother believes that being gay is not normal... at all... that it has something to do with the brain... that talk would be about my sexual orientation and why I should change. She's very forceful.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:33 AM   #14379 
Aahnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
Ohhohoho no, my mother believes that being gay is not normal... at all... that it has something to do with the brain... that talk would be about my sexual orientation and why I should change. She's very forceful.
OH... thats sad, im sorry.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:35 AM   #14380 
Betta Slave

Luckily I wouldn't have to go through that, because I'm heterosexual, but the thought that she'd do that if I wasn't is unnerving.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou