Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #11 
Sakura8

Laki, Oliver looks really happy to me. He definitely seems to have more dog in him than cat because the way he looks at you reminds me of the way my grandmother's corgi would stare at me when I was trying to train her to shake. By the way, Oliver caught on way faster than poor Sadie did. She never did pick up any tricks. Of course, being 10 lbs overweight probably contributed. Anyway, Oliver found the right person to be because I think you are right, he is a cat that needs stimulation or he will get bored and destructive.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #12 
Laki

Beef jerky!! Did he get sick? Also, I love the name Patrick. Patrick and Oliver would make a funny duet. Patrick would destruct the kitchen, while Oliver wreaked havoc everywhere else.
Thanks Sakura, that's nice :) He is very responsive to me. Almost like a little dog. Why I call him my cat-dog. I think he knows I miss having my dog around (not that he would care). I made him "sit" twice today for treats but I don't think he knew what I was doing really. There was no moment that he just sat, it was more a reaction to the position of the treat.

hahah Sadie, 10 pounds overweight?? She must be a lazy cat! Must be a good cupboard raider?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #13 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Oliver is awesome !!!!
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #14 
Laki

Old 08-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #15 
tpocicat

I once had a Siamese that would fetch. No one in my family would believe me because of course when anyone else was watching, he wouldn't do it! Finally, one time, my sister just happened to walk by when my cat ran into the hallway and came back with the little piece of leather we used to play catch with. That was a relief, they didn't think I was crazy FINALLY!!! Cats were my first love, I still have several.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #16 
Laki

Aw my bf grew up with Siamese cats. One fetched socks!! Maybe it's something to do with the breed? lol
I always had cats too :) This place is too small for 2 cats but it would be nice to introduce another one here sometime, maybe when we move.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #17 
Sakura8

Sadie was a Welsh corgi, my grandmother's dog. My grandmother's new husband overfed her. -___-
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #18 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Beef jerky!! Did he get sick? Also, I love the name Patrick. Patrick and Oliver would make a funny duet. Patrick would destruct the kitchen, while Oliver wreaked havoc everywhere else.
Thanks Sakura, that's nice :) He is very responsive to me. Almost like a little dog. Why I call him my cat-dog. I think he knows I miss having my dog around (not that he would care). I made him "sit" twice today for treats but I don't think he knew what I was doing really. There was no moment that he just sat, it was more a reaction to the position of the treat.

hahah Sadie, 10 pounds overweight?? She must be a lazy cat! Must be a good cupboard raider?
Thanks! I got him 4 years ago, I was 11 at the time and loved spongebob. I thought its be weird to name a cat spongebob so I decided on Patrick :)
He didn't eat any of it, but Chewed the crap out of the bag xD

Once he ate a LONG ribbon because my sister left out a balloon. I could hardly sleep until I found it in the litter box (sorry TMI) lol
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #19 
Laki

haha, I have a bunny- I'm a poop extrardanaire! I used to also watch my dog's poop a lot because he literally ate his toys when he got new ones (Would eat the ears, paws and any wing-decoration if we didn't stop him) he also loved eating the threads off his rope bones. I'm going to go even further, sometimes he would need "assistance" in passing these strings and objects. We were kids, but looking back, thank god he never got a real blockage!! Bc mom and dad wouldn't have paid for a vet.
So Patrick just opened the bag and ruined it from consumption from everybody!??! haha Maybe he sensed it was poisoned or a bad batch and saved you all??
Oh Sadie was a dog (*bad reading skills) Welsh corgis are cute but I can see weight hindering a lot for them since they're already rotund and short legged. :/