Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #31 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn3ranger View Post
+1 choclate I had my Betta in a vase too Now he is also in a heated filtered 10 gallon with 2 cories. Yahoo answers is sometimes so dumb glad i found this forum very informative.
Cories are shoaling fish and need at least 4 members in the group to feel safe. Two is just not enoug.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:10 AM   #32 
Pogthefish

My friend's mom, whenever fish are on sale, she "couldn't resist buying one" she has ONE neon tetra! Overstocked tanks, never does water changes, and "every time I add a new fish one dies" so I tell her to do more water changes, but its "too much work" and I say "so you would spend a fish's life on your laziness?" I don't go to their house
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #33 
SnowySurface

I have mixed feelings about ignorance.

The people who "don't look like they know what they are doing" don't bug me if they are willing to learn and proceed to do so. The people who kill their goldfish because they thought the petstore guy knew what he was talking about, but think to themselves, "His advice didn't work very well..." do not anger me. At least that ignorant person has some common sense. It would be nice if the road to knowledge for that type of person wasn't paved with dead fish, but some people only learn the hard way. As long as they can learn, and do learn, I can forgive ignorance.

The only time ignorance bugs me to the point that someone is dead to me is when the person will not see the error of his or her ways no matter how many times he or she repeats the same exact error. Therefore, if someone is up to betta number 37 in the span of a month because he or she hasn't realized that 0.5 gallons is not enough space or water, I just can't forgive that. I know there are rumors and misinformation out there that can lead people to poor habitant choices. But when someone can't get the hint that he or she doesn't know how to care for fish no matter how many fish are killed, that person needs a new hobby.

I suggest knitting since balls of yarn can't die. -_-
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #34 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Yeah the most over stocked my family did is 3 common goldfish in 20 gallon but today only one is left they were actually pretty healthy before I got to this forum I recommended a female Betta for my teachers tank he seems to NOT LIKE BETTA FISH!!!!! Also a teacher kept a wedding Betta in a cold bowl we need to Aline our self with other aquarium forums and protest aquarium animal abuse but NO PETA they can not help us. I lost 3 bettas to ignorance a while back years span Betta one died in bowl Betta two died in bowl Betta three in a ten gallon Betta 4 community tank no lid I thought she was too smart to jump her death haunts me to this day Betta 4 lives in community tank with lid.only two bettas for a total of 3or4 years and a child that is pretty good. but so said for Betta one two and 4.

Last edited by ChoclateBetta; 08-29-2012 at 12:33 PM.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #35 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Cories are shoaling fish and need at least 4 members in the group to feel safe. Two is just not enoug.
I had two albino cories together ounce keep 3 and I can not keep 4 is a bad number.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #36 
finnfinnfriend

Let me just say that it is okay to keep a betta in a bowl as long as it is at least (IMO) 1.5 gallons, has a heater set to the right temperature, and the proper amount of water changes are done.

The problem is, people can be extremely lazy and don't want to change the water more than once a month...
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #37 
tpocicat

Ever since my daughter was small, when she would say "I want, this or that animal for a pet", I would tell her to first do her homework. Learn about what the animal needs, behavior, etc. I believe this advice is important for all people that are contemplating a new animal they have never had before.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #38 
Pogthefish

My mom would make me do that, then not let me get it. :( she sucked. I was SO sure I was getting a bunny, I studied for hours! gosh >:(
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #39 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

i buy plants on impulse and fish i know about my endler live bearer and oto were impulse buys but I already knew how for care for them and had some when i first bought my Betta but i knew nothing about it and already knew about it but I care for them.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #40 
tpocicat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogthefish View Post
My mom would make me do that, then not let me get it. :( she sucked. I was SO sure I was getting a bunny, I studied for hours! gosh >:(
My daughter got the puppy, bunny, cockateil she wanted after she learned what they needed to live and be happy.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote