Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #241 
ravenwinds

+1 to all of you!

One of the things that bothers me most is that the company states that the Teddy Tank will help engage your child thus allowing for the child to bond w/betta and help with care of it. Now I got dumped on earlier in this thread by a proponent of this vile toy/tank/piecee of furniture for stating the obvious: most kids go from toy tp toy, losing interest after awhile and I believe that in making an animal a toy, it makes it more likely that the child will lose interest and forget about the toy for awhile. Yes, the child will be engaged with teddy and Mr. Fish; she'll love feeding it, etc...for awhile, but all kids' attention spans are fairly short, It's the way they were made! If your child can't engage with a fish in its own tank w/o having a stuffed toy around it, then she probably shouldn't have a fish!
I also have an issue w/the tank being a nightlight...when does he get to sleep? Another thread on this site made it clear that fish need a dark cycle, too, and if you don't give it to them, you mess up their circadian rhythm/cycle and that it could lower life span and immune system!
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #242 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenwinds View Post
+1 to all of you!

One of the things that bothers me most is that the company states that the Teddy Tank will help engage your child thus allowing for the child to bond w/betta and help with care of it. Now I got dumped on earlier in this thread by a proponent of this vile toy/tank/piecee of furniture for stating the obvious: most kids go from toy tp toy, losing interest after awhile and I believe that in making an animal a toy, it makes it more likely that the child will lose interest and forget about the toy for awhile. Yes, the child will be engaged with teddy and Mr. Fish; she'll love feeding it, etc...for awhile, but all kids' attention spans are fairly short, It's the way they were made! If your child can't engage with a fish in its own tank w/o having a stuffed toy around it, then she probably shouldn't have a fish!
I also have an issue w/the tank being a nightlight...when does he get to sleep? Another thread on this site made it clear that fish need a dark cycle, too, and if you don't give it to them, you mess up their circadian rhythm/cycle and that it could lower life span and immune system!
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:17 PM   #243 
GreyHounD

Hope they get sued for violating animal rights.
GreyHounD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #244 
MaisyDawgThirteen

iLuv fish was just stating his/her opinion, that does not mean he/she works for TT!!
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #245 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyHounD View Post
Hope they get sued for violating animal rights.
Sadly, thats not going to happen. People think they're "just fish"
Which I don't understand. A life is a life, no matter what type of body it comes in. The species does not determine importance.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #246 
LadyVictorian

"There just fish." Say the people who treat them like decorations.

"There just dogs." Say the people who fight them to the deaths in cramped bloody rooms stained with death.

"They are just humans." Says the man who strangled women to death and raped them.

What do all these people have in common? They are called sociopaths and are very mentally ill and shouldn't be trusted inside our society. Their lack of compassion and pity is dangerous. Anyone who can happily harm animals can harm people it has been proven. Most serial killers start with animals and move up to bigger game when they are no longer thrilled by the fantasy of animal deaths and need power over another creature, normally humans.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:27 AM   #247 
harleraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
"There just fish." Say the people who treat them like decorations.

"There just dogs." Say the people who fight them to the deaths in cramped bloody rooms stained with death.

"They are just humans." Says the man who strangled women to death and raped them.

What do all these people have in common? They are called sociopaths and are very mentally ill and shouldn't be trusted inside our society. Their lack of compassion and pity is dangerous. Anyone who can happily harm animals can harm people it has been proven. Most serial killers start with animals and move up to bigger game when they are no longer thrilled by the fantasy of animal deaths and need power over another creature, normally humans.
*Points to my signature.* Every animal deserves respect. I understand the food chain, and I am not against feeder animals or eating meat. I am against cruelty, though. I also believe that EVERY species has an equal right to respect, proper care, and conservation efforts. Just because an animal is destined to feed someone does not mean it should suffer beforehand.
harleraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:26 AM   #248 
ravenwinds

Points to all of you!

Well written harleraven!
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #249 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I hate this product and it teaches lack compasion to life.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #250 
registereduser

Choc, this is a 3 month old thread that you have already posted on numerous times.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote