Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2008, 06:35 PM   #1 
sng

my fish

ok, i can't tell if my fish is eating his food. he'll go to the surface & eat the food, but he'll move i around for a couple of seconds, then spit the pellet back out. then he'll do the others the same way & eventually, because he did that, the pellets will sink to the bottom. i've had him for about a week now, but i don't know if he's starving or not. can sumbody help me please?
sng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:48 PM   #2 
Neo

sounds like he doesnt like that food to me, try some tropical medley, its flakes with pieces of brine shrimp in it, try that, just experiment with different foods, and about once a week treat him with some bloodworms. Try to mix up his diet, hope this helps
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:49 PM   #3 
Neo

ive never fed any of my bettas pellets, but bettas are very picky, maybe he eats some of it and then spits the reast back out, who knows.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:59 PM   #4 
paws

my betta did this i bought him some flakes and he LOVES them. I got him blood worms and shrim too.
paws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:58 PM   #5 
Flashygrrl

Care must be taken with feeding him that much protein. If he doesn't eat then try not feeding him for a day and see if he gets hungry. A daily food with bits of protein in it like that wasn't made for bettas and could easily cause bloat. Bloodworms should only be fed once a week and I'd only feed a few. It's kinda like giving them ice cream for dinner because they won't eat anything else.
Flashygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote