Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2012, 11:50 PM   #14381 
dramaqueen
Banned

My dad would not have accepted my older brother. My mom was more accepting. My younger brother doesn't say much but I think he's a bit on the homophobic side.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:58 PM   #14382 
TheCrabbyTabby

I believe that a person is born gay, that its who they meant to be. Its a natural as having two eyes and a nose. To say its unnatural, a freak mistake of wiring, and it needs to be treated like some sort of disease is completely asinine. Its intregrated into your very soul. To try and change your soul is impossible. You just can't change who you are.

But being gay does not define that person. They aren't limited to certain activities or whatnot because of their sexual orientation. I also believe that denying a homosexual the chance, no the right, to be who they are naturally is cruel, inhuman and that said person should be ashamed of themselves for stooping so low as to deny a person their birth right. All people should have the same rights and a chance to the same privileges, irregardless of who they are as a person.

Kinetic, I was just like you when I was younger. I was confused and ashamed that I was having the thoughts and desires I was. I thought that there must be something seriously wrong with me. That I was a sicko and a freak. I kept telling myself that I wasn't that type of person. Gay. I was confused and ashamed and disgusted with myself. I didn't tell anyone and held it in till I thought I would burst. I hated myself and wanted to just end it all. Maybe if I were dead, the thoughts couldn't find me. Soon, I very very tentatively accepted that, meh, its not so bad, that even if its wrong, its okay if I don't tell anyone. Still I held it in. I didn't even respect myself for having those thoughts and feelings, but I allowed myself to have them.

Little by little I grew more accpeting of myself and low and behold, I am free to say that I am who I am and that its finnally okay to be who I am. I am bisexual and I am now vast becoming proud of it. Sure, I will probably end up marrying a man because that's what I want to do, but I do know that I can now have my thoughts and feelings without shame, feeling wrong, and somehow a freak.

I am now at so much peace with myself and my sexuality that I finally feel free.

EDIT: Also wanted to say something I heard on CSI, a show I watch a lot. A homophobe is most likely a repressed homosexual, and is more afraid of it affecting themselves than anything.

Last edited by TheCrabbyTabby; 08-29-2012 at 12:01 AM.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:50 AM   #14383 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
I believe that a person is born gay, that its who they meant to be. Its a natural as having two eyes and a nose. To say its unnatural, a freak mistake of wiring, and it needs to be treated like some sort of disease is completely asinine. Its intregrated into your very soul. To try and change your soul is impossible. You just can't change who you are.

But being gay does not define that person. They aren't limited to certain activities or whatnot because of their sexual orientation. I also believe that denying a homosexual the chance, no the right, to be who they are naturally is cruel, inhuman and that said person should be ashamed of themselves for stooping so low as to deny a person their birth right. All people should have the same rights and a chance to the same privileges, irregardless of who they are as a person.

Kinetic, I was just like you when I was younger. I was confused and ashamed that I was having the thoughts and desires I was. I thought that there must be something seriously wrong with me. That I was a sicko and a freak. I kept telling myself that I wasn't that type of person. Gay. I was confused and ashamed and disgusted with myself. I didn't tell anyone and held it in till I thought I would burst. I hated myself and wanted to just end it all. Maybe if I were dead, the thoughts couldn't find me. Soon, I very very tentatively accepted that, meh, its not so bad, that even if its wrong, its okay if I don't tell anyone. Still I held it in. I didn't even respect myself for having those thoughts and feelings, but I allowed myself to have them.

Little by little I grew more accpeting of myself and low and behold, I am free to say that I am who I am and that its finnally okay to be who I am. I am bisexual and I am now vast becoming proud of it. Sure, I will probably end up marrying a man because that's what I want to do, but I do know that I can now have my thoughts and feelings without shame, feeling wrong, and somehow a freak.

I am now at so much peace with myself and my sexuality that I finally feel free.

EDIT: Also wanted to say something I heard on CSI, a show I watch a lot. A homophobe is most likely a repressed homosexual, and is more afraid of it affecting themselves than anything.

stand strong thekinectic you have my love and support
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:14 AM   #14384 
Goldie2nd

Quote:

I could not agree more and everyone who's Gay,Lesbian or Bixesual stay strong I do support and believe in equal rghts. I'm also going to join the GSA at my college.
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #14385 
thekinetic

Quote:

If this wasn't the internet I'd give you a big hug!

I want to come out so bad it hurts, but until I do it feels like I'm wrapped in chains. Really what I seek is balance and inner peace.

What once was whole,
now serperate and cold,
wrapped in chains of pain and tears,
dark and old, made of fears,
binding heart and mind,
make love and joy confined,
with one word spoken,
they might be broken,
but courage a must
and a test of trust,

with bindings gone,
a new dawn,
to love like then,
to live again.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #14386 
TheCrabbyTabby

Kinetic, I'd hug you right back. ;)
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:08 AM   #14387 
thekinetic

Quote:
Kinetic, I'd hug you right back. ;)
Well it's true what you said. I've had the straight side of things pushed on me my entire life so it's taken until now for me to find who I really am, after deprogramming myself. But the damage has been done and here I am insecure and with wreched social phobias.

Of course if there is some good that has come from all my woes is that I've learned compassion. As well as being very kind and forgiving. But it seems while I always see the good in people I often forget about the good in myself.

Now what always gets me teary eyed is saying that really all I ever wanted was someone to love. To have someone to hold and trust to me is more valuable than all the gold in the world. Perhaps one day I shall find him but until then every day I'm faced with my worst fear, being alone. For 29 years I've lived with this and it's killing me inside.

By all the gods and goddesses is love too much to ask?! I guess that last was my rant.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:16 AM   #14388 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Well it's true what you said. I've had the straight side of things pushed on me my entire life so it's taken until now for me to find who I really am, after deprogramming myself. But the damage has been done and here I am insecure and with wreched social phobias.

Of course if there is some good that has come from all my woes is that I've learned compassion. As well as being very kind and forgiving. But it seems while I always see the good in people I often forget about the good in myself.

Now what always gets me teary eyed is saying that really all I ever wanted was someone to love. To have someone to hold and trust to me is more valuable than all the gold in the world. Perhaps one day I shall find him but until then every day I'm faced with my worst fear, being alone. For 29 years I've lived with this and it's killing me inside.

By all the gods and goddesses is love too much to ask?! I guess that last was my rant.

you made me .. lonliness is one feeling i deal with every minute despite being a single mom ... you will definitely find your counterpart/soulmate/true love. The best is to relax, release all worries and very soon your hopes will manifest beyond your wildest dreams *hun*

*Light & Love*
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:09 AM   #14389 
Pilot00

As long as you keep searching and feeling sad it wont happen. Those things happen when you least expect it. Also been relaxed and unstressed is a lot more help in this 'field'.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:15 AM   #14390 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaHeart View Post
you made me .. lonliness is one feeling i deal with every minute despite being a single mom ... you will definitely find your counterpart/soulmate/true love. The best is to relax, release all worries and very soon your hopes will manifest beyond your wildest dreams *hun*

*Light & Love*
*hugs*

Having responsibilities doesn't matter with lonliness. I feel lonely all the time. I don't have babies like you do but I have a husband and three doggy children. Some people have an ability to be lonely in a crowded room. You are a very sweet person and don't deserve to feel lonely. Neither does Kinetic. You gave the right advice though. I found my husband again three years after we first met and surprise! Here I am five years later newly wed to a wonderful man. Dreams do come true! and all those other sayings.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou