Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #1 
afterthestorm

Exclamation Sudden loss of ablity to swim properly

My blue half moon female betta suddenly lost the ablitiy to just swim down and stay put she struggles when she wants to go down and doesn't stay there long because she qickly floats back to the top. this is very important that i find out what this is fast because she is in a divided tank with another female betta.
afterthestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:45 PM   #2 
TheShadyBird

Sounds kinda like a swim bladder infection? Hopefully one of the more seasoned users will pop in and help! Good luck on your girl, and I hope she gets better!

I would suggest you fill out this form though and post it here, so the helpful people have something to go on :]
TheShadyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #3 
KevinPham123

You should separate the two fish as allowing them to see each other all the time is not good atm for your sick betta. Make sure to keep the sick fish in warm and clean water. I'm not sure on how to treat it.

Read these threads, they are stickied threads on the forum:

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=73332

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=73333

I think you should focus more on the second link and on the "Swim Bladder Disease" topic.
KevinPham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #4 
lelei

For SBD if that is what it is, for sure, the treatment would be Epsom Salt, as it is an interal issue..if you have some, get a hospital tank ready and use 1tsp per gallon for 4-7 days..with daily water changes. Repeating salt as you go. I hope your little fishy gets better:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote