Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #7161 
Atena

Love the one with the kitty!
Atena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #7162 
omgitsbleigh

Thanks ladies. And yes, I'm in the middle of a fish in cycle. I've been monitoring his levels of everything every day to make sure they don't get too high.
Just for reference though, what are the highest levels that they "could" get to before I should be concerned?
omgitsbleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #7163 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsbleigh View Post
Thanks ladies. And yes, I'm in the middle of a fish in cycle. I've been monitoring his levels of everything every day to make sure they don't get too high.
Just for reference though, what are the highest levels that they "could" get to before I should be concerned?
Awesome!! :D You want to try to not let it exceed .25, it would take a higher number to seriously hurt him, but it will be easy to keep your ammonia down because he has a big tank do it won't fluctuate too much.
If you need any more cycling help lmk, I recently cycled Teeney's 10 gallon tank fish-in as well ;)
Have you read this thread about fish in cycling? -> http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=107771
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #7164 
omgitsbleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Awesome!! :D You want to try to not let it exceed .25, it would take a higher number to seriously hurt him, but it will be easy to keep your ammonia down because he has a big tank do it won't fluctuate too much.
If you need any more cycling help lmk, I recently cycled Teeney's 10 gallon tank fish-in as well ;)
Have you read this thread about fish in cycling? -> http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=107771
Thanks!!
omgitsbleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #7165 
Sanguinefox
Banned

This is the same one that I posted in my thread. It is the current tank and an upgrade from the previous tank.

This is the old tank before it got taken apart and stuff was moved into the bigger tank.

I thought I might show both.
Sanguinefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #7166 
kimmysticks

Fishy, aka Norman had a bit of a scenery change. I took out my dying anacharis and bought a fake silk plant for now. Not quite as lovely as a real one but I'm going to wait before delving into live plants again. The tank is now more kid-like but hey, my 3 year old loves SpongeBob. And uh...so does his mom ;)

kimmysticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #7167 
Kittykat7

Here are my tank setups right now...

My 1 gallon hospital tank that is currently housing the little lady I adopted that was near death...

My 2.5 gallon tank that is housing Einstein, the baby I adopted from petco and a snail.

My 5 gallon tank that houses Cubie, my double tail and a snail...

And my 10 gallon sorority tank. Right now I have 4 crowntail females (Cotton Candy, Blueberry Muffin, Bubblegum and Topaz (might rename her)), 2 cories (Whiskers and Fluffy), 1 cherry barb (Cherry Pie) and a snail in it...

Last edited by Kittykat7; 08-30-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Kittykat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #7168 
teeneythebetta

@ Kitty Kat 7

Your tanks are so beautiful!!
The only thing is, that bamboo is not a fully aquatic plant. It needs the leaves out of the water or it will die in there and add ammonia to the water :/

Sending warm wishes for your rescue! she is a pretty little lady! :D
Old 08-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #7169 
Kittykat7

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
@ Kitty Kat 7

Your tanks are so beautiful!!
The only thing is, that bamboo is not a fully aquatic plant. It needs the leaves out of the water or it will die in there and add ammonia to the water :/

Sending warm wishes for your rescue! she is a pretty little lady! :D
Thanks! I have been reading about the bamboo and I have not really been able to find a definitive answer about them being safe or not. The 3 that are in the big tank have been in my aquarium for over 2 years now. I haven't had any die on me. But I am concerned if they release ammonia into the water.

And thanks for the warm wishes. The un-named little lady is doing so much better already.
Kittykat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #7170 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittykat7 View Post
Thanks! I have been reading about the bamboo and I have not really been able to find a definitive answer about them being safe or not. The 3 that are in the big tank have been in my aquarium for over 2 years now. I haven't had any die on me. But I am concerned if they release ammonia into the water.

And thanks for the warm wishes. The un-named little lady is doing so much better already.
Wow im shocked that they are still alive. Im not sure how long it takes for them to die but I imagine it would be much less than 2 years
I said they release ammonia in to the water because all plants that start to die do so :/

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank