Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #11 
Bettanewbie60
Member
 
Bettanewbie60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Coastal Georgia
Here is a clearer pic of her bubble nest...the other one I was trying to get her..but of course blurry, she is so fast!
Name:  009 (600x450).jpg
Views: 81
Size:  32.9 KB
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #12 
LebronTheBetta
Member
 
LebronTheBetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettanewbie60 View Post
She has no view of the boys...I have a piece of cardboard blocking her view lol...and yeah, it was a nice nest...better than most of my guys have made so far!
:) That's awesome! Does she have a filter...? I'm thinking that Bettas want NO CURRENT at all to make nests but of course there's a possibility.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #13 
LebronTheBetta
Member
 
LebronTheBetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettanewbie60 View Post
Here is a clearer pic of her bubble nest...the other one I was trying to get her..but of course blurry, she is so fast!
Attachment 63595
Bigger is Betta! :P So jealous... Even Lebron is.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #14 
meiperfectneina19
New Member
 
meiperfectneina19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Michigan
My baby Betta started making it when I placed live plants in.
meiperfectneina19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #15 
Bettanewbie60
Member
 
Bettanewbie60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Coastal Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
:) That's awesome! Does she have a filter...? I'm thinking that Bettas want NO CURRENT at all to make nests but of course there's a possibility.
She has a tetra whisper for a 1-3g..so it is very mild in the 5.5g she is in. None of the two boys I tried in that tank liked all the space...they spazzed all the time..she of course is typical female and loves it!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #16 
Bettanewbie60
Member
 
Bettanewbie60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Coastal Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Bigger is Betta! :P So jealous... Even Lebron is.
LOL..you are too funny...I am pretty proud of her and it ha ha!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
Wow, what a nest! My boys don't even build nests that big. I do have 4 boys making nests right now. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that we're due to get the remnants of Isaac.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #18 
LebronTheBetta
Member
 
LebronTheBetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettanewbie60 View Post
She has a tetra whisper for a 1-3g..so it is very mild in the 5.5g she is in. None of the two boys I tried in that tank liked all the space...they spazzed all the time..she of course is typical female and loves it!
Oh, OK. I have a sponge filter. Females are better in bigger tanks as they have smaller fins which is better for being active in a big tank.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #19 
LebronTheBetta
Member
 
LebronTheBetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettanewbie60 View Post
LOL..you are too funny...I am pretty proud of her and it ha ha!
Well, not to be conceited but I actually am.. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Wow, what a nest! My boys don't even build nests that big. I do have 4 boys making nests right now. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that we're due to get the remnants of Isaac.
The remnants of wha...?
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #20 
Bettanewbie60
Member
 
Bettanewbie60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Coastal Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Wow, what a nest! My boys don't even build nests that big. I do have 4 boys making nests right now. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that we're due to get the remnants of Isaac.
Hmmm DQ, interesting theory! I knew when I saw her earlier today that she was packing eggs...but she didn't make a nest for them the last time. She is going to be fasting tomorrow, seeing as she is eating so many eggs tonight. I'm gonna hate doing her water change tomorrow and destroying all her work!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
the sad hard truth ootfifawithbubba Journals 7 05-12-2012 07:24 PM
Happiness is.... Bombalurina The Lounge 31 05-02-2012 01:26 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.