Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #1 
Ink

Minor question about divided tanks

My bettas met each other a few days ago and I fixed the tank. So they're living together again. Sprinkles is healing and looks like he got a bob haircut and is back to his normal demeanor. Blue, however, is not, he keeps swimming to where the divider slipped and pushing it. Is it safe to keep them together divided still or should Blue have his own tank? I don't want to stress him out. Also, he doesn't seem to be healing as fast as Sprinkles. I'll post some pics later to show the difference, but Blue is also at least 1/4 inch larger than Sprinkles so is it maybe because he's older?
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #2 
Laki

It could be where he's older, you can take him out and put him in a quarentine tank with some IAL and aquarium salt but fresh clean water should do the trick too. Also, the time spent in the Q-tank might help him forget about the divider slip.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #3 
Alcemistnv

It might be possible to split them apart for a bit to keep them alone for some time to heal and destress.

I luckily didn't have an issue with my two bettas, since Squirt and Pudge are the same size, but since Buddha is about 2-2/5 inches, it was in my best intentions to remove Buddha from the tank and give him his own, seeing as well how stressed he was getting from being with Pudge. Now they officially know there is another betta in the tank and might try ti get to him.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #4 
Ink

I'm readying his tank again right now I put some AQ salt in to help his fins a bit. I'm debating whether or not to take the divider out and let Sprinkles have free reign.
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #5 
marshamore

I have a ten gallon tank with two dividers, three betta's. Two can live peacefully by one another, and see one another through a /clear/ divider. Then there's the other one. He's aggressive and older. I keep two mesh dividers, so he can't see anything but a shadow. It keeps them calm, keeps them contained. Be sure to bow you divider just slightly, it helps.
marshamore is offline   Reply With Quote