Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #7171 
Kittykat7

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Wow im shocked that they are still alive. Im not sure how long it takes for them to die but I imagine it would be much less than 2 years
I said they release ammonia in to the water because all plants that start to die do so :/
I originally had them in my 5 gallon and they actually grew, I have had to cut the leaves down on them. When I read up about them being safe or not for bettas (my 5 gal used to house just barbs) I kept reading that they will die and the leaves have to be out of water and such. All I was thinking was "wow, why/how is it that mine have survived and even grown!?!" IDK though, I don't particularly like them all that much so who knows, one day I might get rid of them. Thanks for the concern though, I appreciate it.
Kittykat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #7172 
kfryman

My 15 gallon NPT sorority community tank... what a mouthful lol.
Stocking is: my 5 betta girls, 10 rummynoses, an endler, and 3 nerites.Name:  DSCN0411.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  79.1 KB
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #7173 
djembekah

kfry its beautiful! love the crypts :)
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:44 AM   #7174 
pyro fiend

just put in my driftwood to my 20h with my male to help cycling :) hoping to go get some moss or something to put on the wood :D any ideas to help this plain tank become a sorority?..besides more plants.. and taking out my male.. im going to do both lol

also is the wood to big? o.0 i think its a nice center piece :)
Attached Images

pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:45 AM   #7175 
MollyJean

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro fiend View Post
just put in my driftwood to my 20h with my male to help cycling :) hoping to go get some moss or something to put on the wood :D any ideas to help this plain tank become a sorority?..besides more plants.. and taking out my male.. im going to do both lol

wow.. I love that tank, it's so unique! The driftwood fits in nicely! Do you know what kind of wood it is?
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:26 AM   #7176 
pyro fiend

no idea.. i picked i up about 3 years back at a petco and it was just labeled "drift wood" and tag only said "driftwood chunk $X.XX" lol

and thanks ima hopefully put a wood trim back on the top. and restain the wood to all match the nightstand its on XD huge work in progress lol i hought the wood looked nice but maybe big for a sorority? -shrug- makes a nice center piece for a npt imo :)
Old 08-31-2012, 06:38 AM   #7177 
MollyJean

I had one about that size in my girl's tank for a while. Covered it with xmas moss and had java moss all around the base. All the fish used it, there was a lot of room for them to hide under it. But it kept my water a very unpleasant green color... I love natural looking tanks, but green water bugs me, lol. Had to remove it.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:41 AM   #7178 
pyro fiend

ewwie. i boiled mine like 12 times befor i felt ok with the lil leaching of tan- :C im debating on using it as an anchor for some type of plant. or getting some java moss for it o.0 [never seen xmas moss] or even leaving as is and let nature do what it does lol
Old 08-31-2012, 07:43 AM   #7179 
Geigergoon

First Post and New Tank Setup

First time posting. This is my new tank setup for Alpha. He started off in a 1 gallon hex tank. I felt that he needed more room and things to do. So here is my 2.5 gallon mini bow with all the plastic plants and a cave. I took the led lighting from the hex tank and used it under the cave for night time viewing. Let me know what you think.

Chris
Attached Images

Geigergoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:10 AM   #7180 
kfryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro fiend View Post

Move the driftwood off center if you want it to be a focal point. Right smack in the middle is for some reason not as good for a number of reasons. I also think it would look better if there is a way you could point it up more?
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank