Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-31-2012, 07:09 PM   #31 
LebronTheBetta

Oh, then I understand. :) Thank you for clarifying.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:12 PM   #32 
Sanguinefox
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Beautiful tank!! He's alive, please tell me... It's HUGE. I'm even more jealous...

I know that, I didn't even mention about those puddles... That's a reason some of them die, they sometimes can't jump far enough. They are only temporary until they jump into a bigger one or rain sets in.

Well, I guess that's why. Humans also want to have kids if willingly before they die. I guess they want to keep the family line stable.

Yep. What exactly are you trying to prove...?
That Betta is alive. His name is Blue-Gill but he now resides in a 20 gallon tank. Due to the current produced by my current sponge/filter set up he's not able to make bubble nests. I'm working on getting something to help make the water a little more still so that he can go back to building the mega nests that he loves. Of course once some of these plants grow in that will help too.

Not all humans do...but generally speaking animals will go to great lengths for a lot of things because they are often driven on instinct alone. Sometimes it's quite amazing.
Sanguinefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:12 PM   #33 
GreyHounD

Females are sometimes better fathers than male betta's.

Lebron such a informative thread!
GreyHounD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:17 PM   #34 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguinefox View Post
That Betta is alive. His name is Blue-Gill but he now resides in a 20 gallon tank. Due to the current produced by my current sponge/filter set up he's not able to make bubble nests. I'm working on getting something to help make the water a little more still so that he can go back to building the mega nests that he loves. Of course once some of these plants grow in that will help too.

Not all humans do...but generally speaking animals will go to great lengths for a lot of things because they are often driven on instinct alone. Sometimes it's quite amazing.
I know not all humans do, but most seem to. It's great he's still alive! :) Your nest champion needs to enter a "Biggest Bubblenest Contest"! :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyHounD View Post
Females are sometimes better fathers than male betta's.

Lebron such a informative thread!
Really...? I never knew that but I knew that sometimes they'd help take over but not better. Thank you! I just want the truth out. This will help people as well that pass our site.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:21 PM   #35 
Seki

This is so true! I saw some of the sorriest looking bettas in Meijer today and three of them had almost covered the surface of their cups with bubblenests. Bless their little hearts, they were trying to mark territory against the bettas in the cups next to them (or so I would assume). I felt so bad for the poor little guys... but alas, can't rescue all the bettas. :(

Anyway, great thread, lebron!
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:25 PM   #36 
LebronTheBetta

Shops really need to take better care of these Bettas! >:( If the world knew the truth about the proper care of Bettas, I'm sure the "Bubblenests mean happiness!" wouldn't have been made. Thank you for the support. :)
Old 08-31-2012, 07:33 PM   #37 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettanewbie60 View Post
My female, Bella, made this one today...tonight she is dropping eggs and feasting on them!
Attachment 63594

Yup..I have been noticing that too, at first the bubblenest started, and I wanted to post that..forgot..but both my females are dropping eggs, and eating them, but I noticed the nests first..and was wondering why a female would do that..didn't think they did
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:35 PM   #38 
teeneythebetta

Sticky? :-d
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:38 PM   #39 
LebronTheBetta

I feel like I missed some info... >.< But it covers the myth over all. Let the mods do what they want, they're the boss here. ;)
Old 08-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #40 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Yes. Or they might know they're dying and build their last one...? I'm desperate for more reasons but the current ones will do.
The last ditch effort for mating..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote