Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #11 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJean View Post
BBS, micro worms and banana worms. I switch them up a lot. They eat like little piggies, lol
Good that is another reason on BBS alone only the bigger fry survive on the mix the little guys can mass.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #12 
BettaQi

Congrats!
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #13 
EvilVOG

i had 60 in mine make adulthood. might want to start looking at some large storage tubs as growouts.
EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #14 
MollyJean

I've got tons of tanks sitting around, I think I'll put half in the 20 gallon I was planning on from the start, and the other half in a 30 gallon I need to repair. Just a leak, some of the sealant wore off. Real easy fix.

I stock tanks, tubs, jars, vases, 3 liter cola bottles whenever I find them. I get them from yard sales, flea markets, close out stores.. I'm going to need to separate all these fish sooner or later and with this many, I'm hoping to have 50 containers before it's time to jar them. I keep 4 gallon tubs around for temp tanks when I need them, too. As soon as I walk into a thrift store, I go into fish mode, lol.

My as yet unused fish room has all kinds of stuff in it. Right now I'm trying to save up meds and foods, buying a few here and there when I find them on sale.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #15 
OhNoLenX

Makes me glad that I had a small spawn of 30...
OhNoLenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #16 
EvilVOG

I can't get tanks around me for less than the 1/gallon when they're on sale... people around here ask way too much for them in resale.
EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #17 
MollyJean

Really? That's a shame. It seems like every other store around here is a second hand shop. You should see it on the weekends, there are old people everywhere, I stay home, lol! But I have 3 stores that hold every tank they get for me and always give me a great price. And the girls at the post office know me.. I ran into one woman who works at the post office at the grocery store a few weeks ago and she told me about a yardsale that had a 10 gallon tank with light, heater and filter for 5 bucks. That made my day. I'm the only person out here who's ever had fish mailed to her and the post office girls get me to open boxes for them so they can see the new fish. All of them want babies when they're ready, too.

Lately I've been picking up tiny 1/4 gallon bowls and vases for jarring. I find them for a quarter all over the place. If there is one thing I have learned from the betta hobby, it's how to be extra thrifty, lol
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote