Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #1 
RIPSparky

Help with my baby Veiltail?

just adopted this fish from petco. said he was under observation and just got put back up forsale, and he was the last baby and i wanted a baby, i got a temp. 2.5g tank. filtered, ( weaK ONE) heater , and a LED Ligght. so since i got that done. can you help me know how to feed the baby, if i need anything special. and please explain , thanks, heres her picture

RIPSparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #2 
buddhauser

Crush pellets up, I would suggest one of the better brands so you know you are feeding it a good diet. NLS or Omega One, I take some pellets and add like 2-3 freeze dried blood worms and crush it all up in a sandwich bag then feed little at a time. I Feed twice maybe 3 times a day depending on how much i feed. I use a feeding wand (small zip tie) so i can see how much im giving at a time. And I also give my babies and adults frozen brine shrimp, all my fish love it.
buddhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #3 
RIPSparky

can i just crush up the pellets and feed him a little bit at a time of the crushed up pellets. and nothing specific on anything extra chemicals in water?
Old 09-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #4 
buddhauser

I just crush up a weeks worth so i dont have to keep crushing the pellets and making a mess. Even though they are small i have a hard time doing one at a time. Thats just me though. All you need is the water conditioner to make tap water safe
Old 09-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #5 
RIPSparky

Got water conditioner in it thanks. currently hes in the tank in a bag for 5-10 minutes, i crushed the pellets up he ate for tonight. thanks for your help:)

ill be posting pictures when he gets his colors and stuff :)
Old 09-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #6 
buddhauser

Yup no problem I have to and they are handful but it's fun watching them grow.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #7 
rosy delta

i have 5 of them, and they have been growing like weeds. all i do is crush the pellets (i have a mortar and pestle) and give them cut up bloodworms appropriately sized for their little mouths and of course frozen brine shrimp - again small ones. You will have such fun watching him/her grow.
rosy delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #8 
buddhauser

Yes very fun to watch. Its so weird sometimes I find myself watching my tanks for hours and when I look at the time, TOO much time has passed lolll
Old 09-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #9 
Sceven

I crushed up pellets and bloodworms for Koshiro. Its great watching them grow up, I know a lot of people are really upset that people buy them, but if you and me hadn't adopted them, then they might end up in crap conditions.

But you seem to think like me, let the fat cats have their $2 bucks, quality of life matters for these babies.
Sceven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #10 
Sceven

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhauser View Post
I just crush up a weeks worth so i dont have to keep crushing the pellets and making a mess. Even though they are small i have a hard time doing one at a time. Thats just me though. All you need is the water conditioner to make tap water safe
I put mine in a zip bag and smashed them with a hammer (learned this after I got shot with pellet debris from crushing them with a spoon)
Sceven is offline   Reply With Quote