Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #131 
Bettanewbie60

Oh, and Teeney...I am from New England...and I miss Devil Dogs! They don't sell them down here, and most people don't even know what they are! When I went back home to visit I ate a ton of them lol!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #132 
dramaqueen
Banned

Nickel's maple twists? I'll have to look for them. What section are they in, the snack aisle?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #133 
Bettanewbie60

I have had a busy day...picked up dog food, dang Leo is getting so big already! He weighed in at 32 pounds last week, and the vet thinks he is only around 12 weeks old! He is really improving though, I noticed a lot of muscle on him compared to when we got him just 3 weeks ago, and his coat is really getting shiny! I managed to walk out of Petsmart without this really awesome HM lol. I just added my 6th betta a couple days ago, his name is Brady Bliss...He's an orange VT and is doing amazingly well for just a few days in..eating, and dancing for me already! So far today I have fed three dogs three times, 6 fish twice, and me and hubby just once..what is wrong with this picture?...Eh, I always take care of the animals first...I got the dishes done, laundry is almost dry, dogs are napping, I did 100% changes on three of my betta homes, and finally sat down to a cup of tea. I love my life!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #134 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettanewbie60 View Post
I have had a busy day...picked up dog food, dang Leo is getting so big already! He weighed in at 32 pounds last week, and the vet thinks he is only around 12 weeks old! He is really improving though, I noticed a lot of muscle on him compared to when we got him just 3 weeks ago, and his coat is really getting shiny! I managed to walk out of Petsmart without this really awesome HM lol. I just added my 6th betta a couple days ago, his name is Brady Bliss...He's an orange VT and is doing amazingly well for just a few days in..eating, and dancing for me already! So far today I have fed three dogs three times, 6 fish twice, and me and hubby just once..what is wrong with this picture?...Eh, I always take care of the animals first...I got the dishes done, laundry is almost dry, dogs are napping, I did 100% changes on three of my betta homes, and finally sat down to a cup of tea. I love my life!
Awww haha! Id love to see pics of the new boy! Orange is my favorite- I'm biased because of Teeney lol.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #135 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Awww haha! Id love to see pics of the new boy! Orange is my favorite- I'm biased because of Teeney lol.
Yeah, hubby just shook his head at me when I came home from shopping with the now familiar little cup in my hand lol. I'm still amazed at how quickly he has settled in! I want to get a pic of him, but he's in a round sided bowl, and it tends to distort things. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to get the new 2.5g to move Beau into, and Brady can have the flat sided bowl..It seems I'm always moving fish lol!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #136 
Bettanewbie60

I'm also thinking...if I keep getting bettas I may have to start with a different letter of the alphabet ha ha ha..I'm running out of "B" names!
Old 08-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #137 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm running out of names, too. Lol. 2 of my fish came with names, B names as a matter of fact. Buddy and Blooper. Lol
Old 08-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #138 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I'm running out of names, too. Lol. 2 of my fish came with names, B names as a matter of fact. Buddy and Blooper. Lol
LOL...Buddy Blue was my first guy..and as you can see on my signature, it just went crazy from there...but, each of their names has a meaning!
Old 09-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #139 
Bettanewbie60

I am having a tough time finding the right soil to use for my 10g divided NPT...I will persist until I find something though. I really want to get this tank going! I have the tank, divider made, small pebble substrate, and a light...now, I just need some dang dirt, and of course the plants. Hopefully I can order them on Thursday when hubby gets paid. I applied for a job at Pet Supplies Plus...I really hope I can get it...It would be nice to help out while hubby is working two jobs. All my praying friends please pray! LOL...it's all good..have a great Labor day ya'll!
Old 09-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #140 
dramaqueen
Banned

You'll definitely be in my prayers. You could ask OldFishlady about soil for your npt.