Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #1 
megaredize

Talking New Bettas!

Went to the LFS today and saw a betta I wanted to eventually put in the 10 gallon I have Bluey in. I will be dividing it when i can get some large plants and the craft mesh. Then my fiance found one he liked and told me to buy it instead and i said no i liked the one i picked. so he looked around and asked if he could put a betta in the crabworx funarium thing that they had. it is basically a critter keeper but marketed towards hermit crabs but nto a good choice for crabs better for fish. it was the largest critter keeper they had and i think its 3 gallons so i told him that yes he could keep on in there if he wanted.

So he bought his fish, my fish, two of the critter keepers so i can house my new one in it untill i add him to the 10 gallon. I still have the 1.5 keeper that i had bluey in but this is bigger so it's nicer. Im not putting in gravel in mine sicne its a temp home so i just have a hide and some marimo balls. my fiance's has blue gravel couple of anubias and a marimo ball a heater like mine but the indicator light on it seems to be broken or the heater itself just stopped working. we may have to bring it back. if its just the LED indicator but its still heating it wont matter. it does have a thermometer so im trying to figure it out if the temp is going down. .

here are some pics. couldnt get a good pic of my guy because he is now hiding in his tiki and wont leave i dont know how long hes been there for. awhile now. I do have a video on him here http://youtu.be/umDFcyDujGI

here are some crappy cell phone pics

here is my guy. unnamed but might name him Marble.

The Video above shows his colouring much better.

This is my fiance's and he is also unnamed

megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Nice fish hope they do well.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #3 
DragonFish

Ooooo, stunning finds! They're both absolutely handsome in their own way.....and their colors next to each other just make me think of Fire and Ice! xD
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:45 AM   #4 
CandiceMM

I love that you both picked out Betta's together!!! Now that's a couple!!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:58 AM   #5 
megaredize

Better pictures

he finalyl came out of hiding and i got some better pics of him. Going to be naming him Marble.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #6 
rosy delta

Just lovely! Nice to have a lps that carries such nice fish!!
rosy delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #7 
megaredize

he is one of then nicest ones i have seen, i should have asked the manager about where they get them ebcause they seem to get a random shipment every friday so i usually go every weekend to see if they have any stunning ones. they only carry VT and CT but occassionally they have one that is better looking than the others.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #8 
megaredize

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceMM View Post
I love that you both picked out Betta's together!!! Now that's a couple!!

lol ya he has hermit crabs and said no more fish so i laughed hard when he said he was buying the one he picked.