Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #241 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintingPintos View Post

Yes.....I got used to it quickly!
But how do you ASK to see the future?
I'd like to try that, then see how to control it....
I'd definitely share though.....how to keep future predictions to a minimum :)
You enter into a meditative state, like if you were starting to attempt an OOBE. You then just keep your mind clear of your own thoughts and ask the universe.

But BE WARNED what you might see is not what you may want to see. Fourteen years ago I did this and I saw a desert, there shadowy figures fought, many lay dead, the ground red with blood, and the sky red with fire. But what I remember most was the screams of those crying, those dying, and those fighting. Whether this was a vision of the war now in Iraq, a vision that may be, or a vision yet to be I do not know.

The biggest problem is that no matter which there is nothing you can do to change it unless you see every step that led to it, and even then it is a gamble of long odds to do so.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #242 
DiiQue

I have had many stories happen to me throughout my travels.. Which just mean they are everywhere.

When I was in Saudi Arabia, the house I was living in supposedly had 4 spirits (per my friend who had a third eye).. A little girl who was downstairs, a man in one of the spare rooms, another older man in the second floor hallway and an old lady who constantly walked back and forth in my master bedroom... I had a little terrier who was very territorial - barked at anyone who came close to the gate... Anyways, there were several times where he would just jump off my lap and start barking in the direction of the dining room, and then all of a sudden start wimpering, head down and tail between his legs... I had a friend stay overnight one time and as she was washing her face in the bathroom, she leaned down to splash water and when she stood up again, there was fog all over the mirror with the exception of where her face was at, which showed a handprint... Needless to say she screamed and ran out of the house...

While in Australia, my wife and I were in Sydney at one of the old jails/gaols... Forget the name right now, but it was the one with three floors and the top floor consisted of nothing but hammocks... Well, at that time, only my wife and I were on that floor, so I picked a hammock, layed down on it, while my wife started taking photos... Anyways, in the middle of the shoot, i clearly heard someone (over my shoulder, behind me) say 'Hhhhaaaaaaagggghhhhh'. I didnt want to scare my wife so I calmly got up and told her I needed a drink. As soon as we left the room, my wife, face ashen, had asked if I heard that sound... We went straight downstairs...

When we were in Gergia (the country, not the state), i had one of those episodes like what someone else had... I was asleep by myself upstairs and all of a sudden felt someone/something on my back, I tried to move, wake up, scream, but couldn't... I finally, through sheer force of will, was able to yell and then the weight was gone...

Now in Mexico, we've had several strange stuff happen here at the house. From spoons rattling on their own, to teddy bears with bells going off by themselves, to my son waking up at night screaming and when i carried him to calm himdown, he started saying "whats that... Whats that thing", pointing to something unseen behind me (he was previously only saying jibberish, as he was still half asleep).

Anyways, there are a lot of things out there we dont fully understand yet...

Last edited by DiiQue; 09-03-2012 at 10:44 PM.
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:53 PM   #243 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiiQue View Post
When we were in Gergia (the country, not the state), i had one of those episodes like what someone else had... I was asleep by myself upstairs and all of a sudden felt someone/something on my back, I tried to move, wake up, scream, but couldn't... I finally, through sheer force of will, was able to yell and then the weight was gone...
That is actually not paranormal, that is what happends when you wake up before your brain disengages sleep paralysis. Most people just panic and then imagine all sorts of things.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #244 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
That is actually not paranormal, that is what happends when you wake up before your brain disengages sleep paralysis. Most people just panic and then imagine all sorts of things.

i want to disagree because this happened to me when i was 14 and could actually feel the weigh of whatever it was walking/stalking up the bed towards my head and the change from when it jumped onto my back I could also feel light breathing at the back of my neck/head.
it felt like hours had passed from the time it pounced onto my back to when i was finally able to move.
I know i was asleep seconds before but was fully awake during the entire episode...
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #245 
RoxieStClaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaHeart View Post
i want to disagree because this happened to me when i was 14 and could actually feel the weigh of whatever it was walking/stalking up the bed towards my head and the change from when it jumped onto my back I could also feel light breathing at the back of my neck/head.
it felt like hours had passed from the time it pounced onto my back to when i was finally able to move.
I know i was asleep seconds before but was fully awake during the entire episode...
Have to interject here, because I have the exact same thing happen to me on a regular basis, and I think you're still describing the classic case of sleep paralysis. The thing people don't realize is you CAN be fully alert, and still experiencing things more related to the dreamlike state (visions, sensations of pressure/touch, sounds) because the parts of you brain responsible for creating dreams are still in effect for sometimes a good long while. You say it FELT like hours had passed but you don't know that for sure.

For instance two nights ago I woke up, couldn't move, felt something trying to drag me off the bed and could have sworn I was screaming for the whole time (which felt like hours), when in reality I was still solidly on my bed, hadn't made a peep, and it was only about 2 hours after I had even fallen asleep in the first place. This sort of experience happens to me at least once a month, and I can even trigger it by sleeping on my back (which for obvious reasons I now try to avoid entirely).

From wikipedia:
Quote:
"Many people that experience sleep paralysis are struck with a deep sense of terror because they sense a menacing presence in the room while they are paralyzed which will hereafter be referred to as the intruder. Sensing a malignant presence in the room during an episode of sleep paralysis is believed to be the result of a hyper vigilant state that is created in the midbrain.[7] More specifically it is believed that the emergency response is activated in the brain when individuals wake up paralyzed and feel extremely vulnerable to attack.[15] This feeling of helplessness can intensify the effects of the threat response well above the level typically found in normal dreams; this could explain why the hallucinations experienced during sleep paralysis are so vivid. ...[15]"
This seems to describe your personal experience very well, especially since in an earlier post you said it started out while you were still in a dreamlike state. I say if this happens on a regular basis, I would go get a sleep study done. Even if you don't have an episode while you're there, the researchers can try to find an underlying cause. In my case, it is possibly linked to respiratory issues and my inability to produce enough melatonin to fall asleep on my own.

If its not happening regularly, I wouldn't worry too much. I don't mean to try and bully you (you can go ahead and think its ghosts for all I care), but I just wanted to inform you because frequent sleep paralysis episodes can be a symptom of other (sometimes serious) health problems and have nothing to do with ghosts.
RoxieStClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #246 
DiiQue

I'm totally happy with the sleep paralysis explanation as it is a billion times better than being attacked by an evil spirit. :)
Old 09-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #247 
RoxieStClaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiiQue View Post
I'm totally happy with the sleep paralysis explanation as it is a billion times better than being attacked by an evil spirit. :)
Glad that puts your mind at ease Believe, sleep paralysis is scary no matter how used to it you are, but since I had a sleep study done and figured out my triggers and how prevent them I've gone from having an episode almost every night to having one maybe once a month. And its easier to deal with it when it happens when you can actually put a definite cause to it. It goes from "What just attacked me?!" to "I need to stop drinking so much coffee in the afternoon!"

Lucky for me I actually did have an episode while I was having the sleep study done, so I had lots of data to prove that the big scary demon that grabbed my arm during it was.... actually just a nurse who came in at the same time to readjust a sensor that had fallen off my wrist. So its not at least not ALWAYS ghosts.
RoxieStClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #248 
DiiQue

Yeah, luckily for me it was just that one time.. Probably ate too much pork. LOL.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #249 
BettaHeart

i tried everything i could think of that would bring that sensation back just to make sure but that was the only time something like that has happened gladly.
Atleast i wouldnt have to explain mysterious scratches lol
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #250 
PaintingPintos

UPDATEEEEEE
Hi guys!!!
Last night I was in the kitchen drinking water at the sink, and I felt like Megan was in the hallway, watching me from the corner.
All of a sudden, I saw her shadow dart across the doorway and she cast a huge shadow in the staircase!!!
So scary, but I loved it!!!
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote