Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #61 
Gale

Some awful stories here :(

I can relate with a similiar past.

Caring for and spending time with another creature is very therapeutic, IMO. That's exactly why I decided to get back into aquariums and fish, to help with some issues i've been dealing with, and it's already working quite well.

Hopefully your father will realize his errors and adjust his methods. Either way, when you move out you can care for as many bettas as you want :D

Best wishes, and glad you decided to stick around.
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:26 AM   #62 
katydidmischief

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
I am looking into careers involving animals, I'm not sure If I have the stomach to be a vet/vet tech.
Honestly I didn't either so I started working as an assistant at a vet clinic and realized I really want to be a tech so you can always try getting a job at a place and see how you feel! The field is always hurting for staff, so a lot of places look for workers; I know at ours we love the afterschool staff. Just a thought.
katydidmischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:14 AM   #63 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydidmischief View Post
Honestly I didn't either so I started working as an assistant at a vet clinic and realized I really want to be a tech so you can always try getting a job at a place and see how you feel! The field is always hurting for staff, so a lot of places look for workers; I know at ours we love the afterschool staff. Just a thought.
Yes I'd love to do that, a couple years ago we asked a vet near us and they said you have to be 16 to volunteer, so I can in March.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:18 AM   #64 
magnum

Teeney, I honestly can't stop thinking about your story. It makes me so angry and upset all the same time. If I ever had to get rid of my fish, I would cry and throw a tantrum. Your so strong! How you did that, I will never know.

Just had an amazing idea, you could come live with me over in Australia, we could convert my entire computer room into a betta barracks and breeding room and breed fish forever xD
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #65 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum View Post
Teeney, I honestly can't stop thinking about your story. It makes me so angry and upset all the same time. If I ever had to get rid of my fish, I would cry and throw a tantrum. Your so strong! How you did that, I will never know.

Just had an amazing idea, you could come live with me over in Australia, we could convert my entire computer room into a betta barracks and breeding room and breed fish forever xD
Let's do it!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:55 PM   #66 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post
Yes. . one day you can get your own apartment and do whatever you want.

When I was a teenager my dad's new girlfriend didn't like animals so I came home to find they had taken all my rabbit cages and cat carriers I had bought with my money I worked for at the grocery store, and rounded up all my pets and took them to a pound. They were mostly rescues, they were all vaccinated and neutered, fed, etc. So it wasn't even a hoarding or neglect situation.

I am 37 years old and I still wonder what happened to them. I had raised 3 of the cats as kittens found under our porch.

Sometimes parents are assholes. Most occupational therapists or regular therapists would say that it is good for a person, with social issues or otherwise, to care for something else. It is therapeutic. I am really sorry for you but my advice is go to college or trade school for something stable so you can afford your own apartment one day and do whatever you like. :)

And hopefully stick to this forum!
My story is somewhat the same, but at the same time, I had no money I had just started a job, at 14-15 to pay RENT..and my cat as a stray that I begged my mom to let me have, just had kittens, and the house was full of kitties, and I did my best to leave em in my room and take care of them as best I could, and my Parents, both of them, threatened to get rid of them..and one day, I came home from school, and they all were gone as well..parents can be mean ..I know..it's a shame, that as a lot of us as kids, had to deal with some form of mental torment, regarding animals..As an adult, I could never do such a thing to a child..I know how agonizing it is.. You will find solace when you are able to live your own life, your own way
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #67 
whimsicalbrainpan

Teeny, I am so sorry. There are no words... (((HUGS))) I am glad you are staying on the forum though. I've only had Bradbury for a month and I would be a mess if something happened to him. I'm glad you have other pets to give you some love and attention, and vice versa.

It really annoys me when people think there is something wrong with a person just because they are an introvert. My mom used to get on my case when all the time when I was a kid. It will get better. As for the anxiety, I understand completely. I have PTSD and anxiety disorder. If you ever need some advice on how to deal with it, or just need to talk, message me.
whimsicalbrainpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #68 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
eh, the world is FULL of men like Teeny's Dad. If you are a woman I hope you will recognize the signs before you get involved with any like him.
Because the world is full of them doesn't justify a psychological disorder/uneducation/fear or whatever might plague them and make them react thus, IMHO at least. Its like saying all women are 'insert not so polite acronyms here' because many of us (including me) have happened across the wrong person(s). I know people can be idiots at times, all i say is find the time to find out why and you will be surprised at how easily you can turn them around.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #69 
RandyTheBettaFish

Awww teeney that is horrible i cant believe you had to do that! Yesterday i lost my very first betta who was also a female. I still am not sure how she died i just found her belly up :( I had her for a whole year too... anyway keeping you in my thoughts!
RandyTheBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #70 
magnum

Quote:
Let's do it!
Omg, yes, yes yes! and we can breed beautiful HMPK's and little orange girls like Teeney and call them all Teeney juniors.
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote