betta fish

Old 09-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #21 
Greylady

ok
Greylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:54 AM   #22 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Call me crazy but since it's late and likely no one will know what it is in time, and you say he's getting worse quickly. . . well in that situation I would totally use Lifeguard or General Cure. When no one could tell me what was wrong with my Purplius that is what I had to end up doing and it worked.

I'm really sorry he is sick Greylady, I really hope he pulls through because you really seem to care about him, and you have such a pretty tank too.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:55 AM   #23 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Oh I used Lifeguard (because at the time I couldn't find API General Cure) and aquarium salt in a hospital tank when Purplius had a mystery illness that was going downhill fast and he did live and is fine now. No one could really tell me what was wrong so . . I didn't know what else to do, like you.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #24 
Greylady

Thanks so much for responding mursey. I think that's what I'm going to do. I moved his hospital tank to my nightstand and watched him all night to make sure his water didn't get to cold or he didn't look like he was suffering too much. I don't know what I'd have done if he was, I really don't think I could anesthetize him. Yes I do care a lot, I've spent months reading everything I could about bettas, I've bought everything I think he needs, the best food, the best hiding places, the best water conditioner, the best water test kit. I bought 2 gallons of spring water just so I could have a jugs for the water changes that had never had anything but water in them. I've changed at least 40% of his water every 2-3 days since I set it up in April. I even canceled a vacation in May because that's when he was going through his swim bladder issues. I bought sponge filters and tested the water everyday during the cycle. I bought real plants even though I didn't know anything about them and spent days researching those too just because it said it would make his water quality better. So yeah...I care, and when he got so sick so fast and there was nothing I could do, especially since I feel like I did it to him buy adding those stupid ghost shrimp and moss ball (again because I thought it would improve is living conditions, not because I just wanted them) and now it seems I've made him sick because of that. To be honest I was very surprised this morning that he's still alive, not better but still here. So today I will go to PETCO and Petsupermaket and Pet smart and gather all the info they tell me, try to weed out what I know is wrong, and possibly come up with an answer that will help my poor beautiful boy. Thanks again for responding

Last edited by Greylady; 09-05-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #25 
lvandert

careful with asking those employees, some if not most don't know a betta from a beta (giggle). It certainly wont hurt to try a general cure all. We know something is wrong we just cant figure out what...
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #26 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
careful with asking those employees, some if not most don't know a betta from a beta (giggle). It certainly wont hurt to try a general cure all. We know something is wrong we just cant figure out what...
+1 plus, I really dont think the marimo and the shrimp have anything to do with this crisis.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #27 
Greylady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot00 View Post
+1 plus, I really dont think the marimo and the shrimp have anything to do with this crisis.
? What?

Last edited by Greylady; 09-06-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #28 
lvandert

they agree with what I said about starting treatment, and then stated how they don't think the marimo and shrimp have anything to do with your fish being sick.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote