Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #1 
Kittykat7

1 raised scale... do I need to worry?

Hello fish friends,

I have a sorority in my 10 gal tank and today as I was inspecting my ladies fins and bodies I noticed that one of my newer ladies has a single raised scale. She looks completely healthy otherwise. Should I worry about it? I am almost thinking it might just be an injury. As soon as my parents come home with my new hospital tank she will be removed and given a AQ salt treatment.
Kittykat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:24 AM   #2 
Jupiter

Probably just a small injury, but it's a good idea to keep an eye on her anyway.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #3 
GFarra

Just keep an eye on her. If something is up you'll see a behavior change. Also check for external parasites like Ich or Velvet by shining on light on her.

I have a male with a single raised scale and he is doing fine. Have not used any meds, just water changes to keep things clean for the little guy

Regards

George
GFarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #4 
Kittykat7

Thank you Jupiter and GFarra. I will just keep an eye on her for now. I have not noticed anything else wrong, no mood change or personality change in her at all. I think she just got a little injury somewhere. I just wanted to make sure is all!
Kittykat7 is offline   Reply With Quote