Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #1 
LadyVictorian

Filters, Air Stones, and Texas Heat

Alright so I have two things to address really.

Alright the first is, if I have a filter do I need an air stone as well? I think with my sharks I did. I'm thinking since I might get a shrimp to eat up the food on the bottom would one be needed?

Also I live in Texas and it gets pretty hot here...even in my room. With the heater on I fear the tank over heating. I mean it's literally 102 on average outside with humidity and about 80 to 90 in my room depending on if I have my xbox going and have shut off the rats fan. (Rats need a fan on their cage or they overheat too easily) Could the tank overheat? I try to keep it between 78 to 80.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #2 
clopez1

Air stones are not needed in betta tanks..Most don't like much movement..I have one but I lucked out that mine likes it..Few people get them and have their bettas like them. I'm in Florida so I know about the heat..I took a table fan you can screw on the wall and put it over my tank so when it gets to about 64 I turn the fan on to cool it off..They sell little fans you can hook on to your tank for that also. I have seen one called aqua cool you could order online.
clopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote