Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #11 
SpookyTooth

It is possible to get white LED grow panels/strips for aquariums but they generally cost more than red/blue grow panels. LED lighting will cost you more in the short-term than CFL lighting but they should last at least 10x longer (depending on brand) and are more energy efficient.

Small, cheap strips can be used with some effect for low-light plants but you may have to look into something seemingly high-tech if you want to keep more demanding plants and don't want a purple fish tank/room. I'm still learning about identifying decent LED lighting but I use an aquarium LED light strip for my fish tanks the growth I've had has been amazing, I also have a lovely shimmering effect on my wall and bed due to the minor filter current causing the water surface to move.
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #12 
kfryman

The Finnex fixture is a quality one, the Fugeray has less light then the Fugeray2.

LEDs should last 40000-50000 hours if they are good. Lower quality ones will go out or use cheap LEDs. Also never really go by the wattage with LEDs, they use much less energy so yeah.

If you are into DIY you can make an LED fixture your self with Cree LEDs. They are mega bright, I have a flashlight that uses one and it is crazy bright. Though you do need to know a bit about electronics.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #13 
MooseKnocker

I have noticed that after using this light my betta hides behind the filter or under the leafs on the side of the tank.
That makes me unhappy.
MooseKnocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #14 
Pearl2011

The light is stressing him. Add some floating plants to make the light more subdued and plants that provide shade. Is this only when you turn the light on or always?
Pearl2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #15 
MooseKnocker

When the lights are on, I've move my suction leafs over the that corner and tried to cover some of the light.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:32 AM   #16 
MooseKnocker

One thing I have been thinking is maybe a film that I could cover up some of the lamp with to defuse the light, anyone konw what I'm talking about or have an idea?
Old 09-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #17 
corwinlame

LED lights is very important for growing the plants. You have to select best lights in your garden. There are many different types of lights available and you have to use best light related your plants.
corwinlame is offline   Reply With Quote