Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #14431 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Well I would tell them but I just don't know how to go about it, I always try to avoid causing tension and awkward moments but this is seeming like an unavoidable one.
Yeah, the tension will be unavoidable.

Since I will never know your parents as well as you do, my advice may be completely useless. But I like to take a direct route. I make sure I am calm and the person isn't busy or distracted. Then, I simply tell that person. I give the person time to have the full range of his or her initial reaction. After the dust settles, life goes on.

I think the dust storm that happens during the initial reaction is what most people dred. The only thing you can control is the way you deal the news. If the person you tell reacts badly, it can be like having ice water thrown in your face. But the initial reaction is rarely the final reaction. If you're lucky, the person who tossed the ice cold water will hand you the metal equavilant of a towel.

I can't predict how your parents will respond any better than I could predict how my own parents responded. But based on the pizza incident post a few pages back, they may deal with it better than you think. A whole lot of dust will be kicked up and it will probably take a while to settle, but I don't see this as a worse case scenerio.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:41 AM   #14432 
BettaHeart

BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:22 AM   #14433 
wallywestisthebest333

Oh my gosh. I don't really know where to start.

Firedrake died forever ago and I know that he was old when I got him but it felt like there was more I could do for him.
He lived through so much and he was such a good boy and I really loved him a lot.

Also last semester and this summer my friend group split into three and I didn't know about it till I got back to my friends this semester. I found out in a really awful way and I ended up lsoing and dropping some friends because this one guy decided to bully one of my friends and he and I still aren't talking.

Because of all this (and the fact that I was consistently off campus when this happened) I missed my first week of classes because I'd always get to campus when my calsses were over.

It was really frustrating and now I'm behind on my school work and I don't have books because I can't afford them and most of them have been sold out already.

It's just been a rocky couple of weeks for me.
I'm hoping that bonding with my friend over her fish and the tank project I'm planning for her will help me get through this mess and get back on track.
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #14434 
Rosso1011

I just lost another female this morning. The first one succumbed to dropsy, this one jumped while I was at work and my boyfriend was asleep. It wasn't even that big of an opening and she managed to jump through it. I might have to think of a solution for that before getting another girl.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #14435 
ZackyBear

Every time I go to do a 75% water change (one a week), I always seem to find one platy fry. And every time I find a platy fry, I drop it into Portal Prime's tank since I already have enough platy issues...

And everytime, the dang torn up betta just stares at them. Portal Prime's severe finrot recovery is so slow, and I know he has the energy to go after them despite how miserable he looks...yet I still have several platy fry floating around in his tank, sitting on his mossball, aimlessly bumping into him and his live plants.

Not to mention one of my male platys bullying the others, my tank getting a crack in it, my beautiful guppy breeding pairs getting sucked into the filter, my aquaponics setup leaking....

I'm starting to get irritated.....these months have been long >.<
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #14436 
teeneythebetta

I hate when people insist on breeding pet store bettas -___-
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:04 AM   #14437 
moonsand0wls

Two rants:

I want my axolotls to hurry up and breed! I want babies!

&

I don't know how to work my way around the forums..

and I think my betta may be sick, but it's something i've never seen before :/ like lots of minute black spots all over his body but he's acting fine.. hmm
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:20 AM   #14438 
TheCrabbyTabby

That would be a bacterial infection. Go to the emergency forum for further help.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:50 AM   #14439 
moonsand0wls

Thanks, I will :) But I think it may just be his natural patterning lol
Old 09-08-2012, 01:52 AM   #14440 
moonsand0wls

OKAY something I have to get off my head.
My sister owns some Betta, and always tries to breed them. She claims she knows what she's doing. She always ruins the egg nest and it's quite obvious her female and male aren't compatiable yet she keeps trying and she just gets hurt worse and worse everytime. AND she keeps them in really little bowl things and doesn't cycle them or anything just puts them in.. It makes me so angry that she thinks she knows what she's doing and is hurting her fish in the process of her "knowing". I hate people that try to look after animals (in general) that they DONT know how to. :(

Tags
bettathanyou