Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2012, 07:17 AM   #1 
TheCrabbyTabby

Anime fans...

If you haven't already heard, big news is happening!! The mega franchise that started the whole magic girl genre is coming back in full force in a brand new and hopefully spectacular way.

I am of course talking about everyone's favorite pretty suited soldier of love and justice, Sailor Moon! Apparently they are redoing the whole anime, and making it much much closer to the manga. I am beyond excited as Sailor Moon was the anime that introduced me to the anime world.

I am sure some of you may be as excited as I am. Be sure to tune in as the whole new Sailor Moon anime premiers on an international level in the summer of 2013 and relive this stunning magical adventure in a whole new way!!!
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #2 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
If you haven't already heard, big news is happening!! The mega franchise that started the whole magic girl genre is coming back in full force in a brand new and hopefully spectacular way.

I am of course talking about everyone's favorite pretty suited soldier of love and justice, Sailor Moon! Apparently they are redoing the whole anime, and making it much much closer to the manga. I am beyond excited as Sailor Moon was the anime that introduced me to the anime world.

I am sure some of you may be as excited as I am. Be sure to tune in as the whole new Sailor Moon anime premiers on an international level in the summer of 2013 and relive this stunning magical adventure in a whole new way!!!
If it's anything like what they did with DBZ via Kai , which was supposed to be closer to the manga, it will be butchered.

I'll stick to my newer animes like Mushi-shi and soul eater.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #3 
RoxieStClaire

FFFFFFFFF I knowwwwwww! I'm super excited too! I've been buying the released manga as it comes out and I can't wait for the new anime to start! Sailor Moon is pretty much the only shoujou series I even like, and I just love it to death!
RoxieStClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:35 AM   #4 
harleraven

I heard the news a few months ago, but I am trepidatious about it.
harleraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:07 AM   #5 
TheCrabbyTabby

Yeah, I know what you mean, Kinetic, what they did with Kai was a total rip off if you ask me. All they did was rebroadcast the DBZ series in remastered quality with a new title sequence tacked on. To make it worse, they targeted the series to kids via the Nicktoons network, cutting out and censoring a whole heck of a lot of each episode, mostly the blood and gore of the battles and whatnot. They didn't even broadcast the later half of the DBZ series. They did have the entire series, with episodes fully intact, available via DVDs, however, I didn't feel like shelling out cash for something I've seen already.

I've been reading the Sailor Moon manga on my Kindle Fire. I found this awesome app for reading manga and am using that. Its called Mango. You can find it by googling "Mango App". It gives you accesses to all the major manga reading sites giving you the ability to read any of over 10,000 different manga series. You can either read the manga via Wi-Fi or download it to your device and read it later, even when your not connected to the internet.

Anyways, I am currently reading the second arc of the series, the Dark Moon Arc. I loved the first arc much better than its anime counter part, and am liking this arc a lot better too.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #6 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxieStClaire View Post
FFFFFFFFF I knowwwwwww! I'm super excited too! I've been buying the released manga as it comes out and I can't wait for the new anime to start! Sailor Moon is pretty much the only shoujou series I even like, and I just love it to death!
Roxie, I've found a surprising amount of good shoujo's besides sailor moon. Try "ouran high school host club", it has a sweet storyline of a girl pretending to be a boy at a exclusive school's host club (a club that woos girls). Lots of good moments in it, did I mention lots of cute guys in the manga.

I've seen a few others but I can't remember the names right now, too early!>.<'

I'll give saior moon a shot again, even though I watch the original on a site called toonamiaftermath.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #7 
TheCrabbyTabby

Have you seen the dubbed or subbed version? The subbed version is better due to them not trying to make it a little girl's show.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #8 
thekinetic

It was dubbed, I saw it on the funimation network before the network got canned by verizon. :(
Old 09-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #9 
TheCrabbyTabby

Ah. Then you might want to check out the subbed version. In that version, the original version of the anime, the plot is better, and so is the dialog. I find that their Japanese voices much better suit them as well. In the dub, Luna sounds like an old British nanny, while in the subbed version, she sounds much more like a young lady, which fits with her human form shown in the S movie (known as Hearts on Ice).

Also, Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune, aka Haruka and Michuru (known in the dubbed version as Michelle and Amara), are in fact lovers and not "cousins". They were made cousins in the dubbed version to avoid controversy. Which, if you think about it, makes much more sense as they shared a few moments with each other that don't quite fit with their dubbed "cousin" status.

Another relationship that was altered to "better suit the audience" and to avoid controversy, was that of Kunzite (known as Malachite in the dubbed version) and Zoesite. While made a girl in the dubbed version, Zoesite is, in fact, a male in the original subbed version (which would explains the lack of feminine curves ). So that would make the two gay lovers. However, in the manga, they aren't lovers at all, which leads me to think that Toei, the company that made the anime had some different, if not unique, conceptual ideas.

Another "gender change" happened to Fish Eye, a member of the Amazon Trio. In the original subbed version, he is openly gay as well as a cross dresser. He was made to be female in the dubbed version as to, yet again, avoid controversy.

Last edited by TheCrabbyTabby; 09-06-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #10 
thekinetic

Yup it's why I prefer subbed kung fu movies, so much more to it. I admire the Japanese for being so open about things, you'd think the US being the "land of the free" would be too but nope. However I played a game a while back that featured a flamboyant gay guy a one of the main characters, he was in love with another of the main characters, I think it was "Enchanted Arms".

Most just can't seem to grasp the concept of romance, it's why I think only women and gays seem to have their head on straight because straight guys obviously don't understand it.XD

It's why I like anime, the love in it is always so beautiful and truthful.