Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #151 
Bettanewbie60

Happy Wednesday everyone...It's another sunny, sticky, hot day here in S. Georgia! The surf is UP once again, thanks to another TS offshore..It is hubby's day off, so I'm thinking HE can take care of the dogs/house, and I can hit the beach finally! Here is a great story to start your day..let me know if the link works lol!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #152 
dramaqueen
Banned

I hope you got to go to the beach. We just got Back from having lunch with our cousins. We had a great time with them.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #153 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I hope you got to go to the beach. We just got Back from having lunch with our cousins. We had a great time with them.
I never made it to the beach..again. LOL..it's okay though. It's hubby's day off and we grilled out for lunch. I am setting up my 10g right now, no plants. I can't afford to do my planted tank yet, so I'm just going to get it up and running so my fish can use it. I hate not having money lol. I'm glad you had a good time going out to lunch..enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 09-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #154 
Bettanewbie60

So, Aaron's finally came and took our furniture...We haven't been able to keep up on payments since hubby lost his job, and had to take one for much less pay. It's all good though. I feel more badly about the recliner I got for him than I do the living room set...good thing we paid cash for the bed! I look at it this way, roof is paid for, lights are on, we are not starving, the dogs and fish are all well...it's a good day! The good Lord may not give us all that we WANT, but He always gives us what we NEED. Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #155 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry about your furniture! Well, it's best to look on the bright side of things which is what you're doing.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #156 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
I'm sorry about your furniture! Well, it's best to look on the bright side of things which is what you're doing.
Yeah thanks hon...it's not a big deal. Furniture is not that important..it wasn't but 3 years ago when we were homeless, and sleeping in a tent. I'm just happy to have a roof and food! Perspective matters, there are so many people in much worse situations. I'm happy ya know?
Old 09-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #157 
dramaqueen
Banned

Oh, wow! You've been through quite a lot!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #158 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Oh, wow! You've been through quite a lot!
Yeah, I guess I have...most of what I have put here doesn't even touch most of it lol, thus the title of my journal. I was actually in a bad car accident two months before we became homeless. I was getting three to four injections in my spine every week and then sleeping in the tent at night...it was hard, but we made it through. How are you today? I barely got any sleep..I was up until hubby got home at 1am, and then had to get up really early to take Leo to the shelter for his neuter...I felt so bad leaving him there! I pray he does okay. I hate my dogs having surgery I'm tired.

Last edited by Bettanewbie60; 09-07-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #159 
teeneythebetta

oh my gosh i agree with dq youve been thru a lot!
Posted via Mobile Device
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #160 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
oh my gosh i agree with dq youve been thru a lot!
Posted via Mobile Device
I think anyone who has lived more than 50 years has been through a lot..When I'm confronted with a frustrating or disappointing issue I tend to ask myself, "how much will this matter five years from now"..it really makes most things seem small.