Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #11 
lelei

Same problem here

[quote=aokashi;1232578]I have my azoo filter settings on semi high right now, and I've notice that the water motion is creating super micro fine bubbles all around the tank.

is this detrimental in any way?

here's a video. you san see very small bubbles floating upwards. Ignore th fish lol, I'm just giving him something to do other than hunt down my last surviving RCS.

you can also see how the fine bubbles are floating at the water surface. I'm pretty sure Kuro isnt affect by it, but what about plants and inverts?

Mine is doing the same thing. but mine burps, and sounds like it's choking too..and spits out microburst of microtiny bubbles every 10 seconds..weird, and I don't have an adjustable filter at all, but it was fine at first making normal flow, and regular size bubbles, in a current, now..it's blasting the bubbles in a downward pattern..my Crimson hates it, and I hate the choking noise, I think something is stuck inside..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #12 
goldfishyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post

Mine is doing the same thing. but mine burps, and sounds like it's choking too..and spits out microburst of microtiny bubbles every 10 seconds..weird, and I don't have an adjustable filter at all, but it was fine at first making normal flow, and regular size bubbles, in a current, now..it's blasting the bubbles in a downward pattern..my Crimson hates it, and I hate the choking noise, I think something is stuck inside..
I think you just have water trapped inside your filters impeller housing. If possible try pouring water into the filter while its unplugged, flow has to be fast enough to push water out the tube and dislodge the air trapped inside. If your filter is the type that is inside your tank then try turning it upside down to let out the air bubbles. Depending on filter design, like some hobs you can lift the intake tube up so it exposes the impeller. If you lift slightly up just enough to release the air and not break suction this usually removes trapped air on these filter types.

If your filter is like a powerhead with venturi just remove the tube that grabs from outside the tank and keep the hole that the tube goes in underwater.
goldfishyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #13 
lelei

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfishyman View Post
I think you just have water trapped inside your filters impeller housing. If possible try pouring water into the filter while its unplugged, flow has to be fast enough to push water out the tube and dislodge the air trapped inside. If your filter is the type that is inside your tank then try turning it upside down to let out the air bubbles. Depending on filter design, like some hobs you can lift the intake tube up so it exposes the impeller. If you lift slightly up just enough to release the air and not break suction this usually removes trapped air on these filter types.

If your filter is like a powerhead with venturi just remove the tube that grabs from outside the tank and keep the hole that the tube goes in underwater.
Oh goodness, thanks for that tip..I have to keep shutting it off at night, and I unplugged it took it out, and took out the sponges, and didn't know what to do..very annoying for both of us..I will do that tonight..thanks again
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote