Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #11 
titolatino1970

dont forget on the 18th repashy is putting out a new fry formula i love this stuff
titolatino1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #12 
MSG

I called them on the phone ... instead of speaking to a computer or getting an answering service I think I spoke with one of the owners.

http://www.prettybird.com/fish.htm

Pretty Bird International, Inc
31008 Fox Hill Ave.
Stacy, MN 55079
Phone: 800-356-5020
Fax: 651-462-1844

• With Atison's being bought out by a larger company like SF Bay, it really reduces your options.
  • The other owner of the PrettyB fish food company is very knowledgeable when it comes with marine life and if you research the food & UltraColor you should stumble upon the thread I came across.
  • I think it would be a great benefit to anyone that actually wants to betta the breed to have a little more control over what they're feeding to their critters.
  • Live foods are nice, but not an option for everyone due to financial costs.
  • Dry foods are a nice staple, but you're limited to what's out there.
  • A lot of the companies other lines of fish foods were discontinued due to lack of interest. It's very hard for a small company to know how to market their products when they're competing with the giants who have connections with the pet stores.
  • I have no idea how much food they produce when they're testing out new recipes, but I'm sure they still have the master formula for the betta food & I think they would be happy to mix up a small batch for a group of ready & willing buyers in each region.
  • If the company is willing to create a new batch, we could organize a group buy of sorts
  • I think their prices are really reasonable & they use better ingredients than most of the other types of food I've seen.
  • Like I said before I don't know too many people in my area that are into bettas. They're hardcore reefers though.

• I've also heard a lot of people complain about size of the pellets, strong odors & the sinking factor.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #13 
Silverfang

HBH "Betta Bites"
http://www.hbhpet.com/Products/image...ettabites.html

This has the whole label with ingredients and guaranteed Analysis.

I use this mostly due to size, slightly smaller than Omega One.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #14 
Silverfang

Omega One Betta Buffet

Guaranteed Analysis
Min. Crude Protein….42%
Min. Crude Fat………12%
Max. Crude Fiber…….2%
Max. Moisture………. 8.5%
Max. Ash……………..8%
Min. Phosphorus……(.5%)
INGREDIENTS: Whole Salmon, Halibut, Shrimp, Wheat Flour, Wheat Gluten, Fresh Kelp, Astaxanthin, Lecithin, L-Ascorbyl-2-Phosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Natural and Artificial Colors, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Folic Acid, Biotin, Inositol, Tocopherol (Preservative), Ethoxyquin (Preservative).

This is listed on the website however the one I have lists the crude fat as 5 not 12
Old 09-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #15 
Silverfang

Attisons Betta Food (sadly not pro)
Ingredients:

Fish meal, cereal meals, krill meal, minerals, vitamins, and preservatives (calcium propionate, ethoxyquin).

Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein (min.) — 36%
Crude Fat (min.) — 4.5%
Crude Fiber (max.) — 5%
Moisture (max.) — 8%
Ash (max.) — 15%
Old 09-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #16 
Silverfang

New Life Spectrum Grow formula

The ingredients and analysis have varied on each site I've looked, all agree on krill/herring as the first two ingredients and 50% protein.

MAIN INGREDIENTS: Krill Meal, Fish Meal, Wheat Flour, Amino Acids, Algae Meal, Soybean Meal, Fish Oil, Beta Carotene, Spirulina, Vitamin A Acetate, D-Activated Animal- Sterol (D3), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin, Folic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine, Biotin.
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS: Protein 50% Min., Fat 9% Min., Fiber 5% Max., Ash 9% Max., Moisture 10% Max.

Unfortunately I cannot edit to include Omega One or HBH Betta Bites. Only allowed two tags.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #17 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
New Life Spectrum Grow formula

The ingredients and analysis have varied on each site I've looked, all agree on krill/herring as the first two ingredients and 50% protein.

MAIN INGREDIENTS: Krill Meal, Fish Meal, Wheat Flour, Amino Acids, Algae Meal, Soybean Meal, Fish Oil, Beta Carotene, Spirulina, Vitamin A Acetate, D-Activated Animal- Sterol (D3), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin, Folic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine, Biotin.
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS: Protein 50% Min., Fat 9% Min., Fiber 5% Max., Ash 9% Max., Moisture 10% Max.

Unfortunately I cannot edit to include Omega One or HBH Betta Bites. Only allowed two tags.
Nice! I was wondering what the difference between growth formula and small fish was XD
ao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #18 
Silverfang

However the growth formula I have lists krill and herring first, not fish meal
Old 09-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #19 
MollyJean

The other two I use are already up (HBH and newlife) so I'll post this one and see if I can find a bottle of betta flakes I have sitting around but never used.

Quote:
NAME: Hikari Betta Bio-Gold

INGREDIENTS: fish meal, wheat flour, soybean meal, rice bran, gluten meal, starch, krill meal, wheat germ meal, brewers dried yeast, DHA oil, spirulina, dried seaweed meal, DL-methioninem garlic, astaxanthin, grape seed extract, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized Vitamin C), inositol, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin, vitamin A oil, thiamine mononitrate, pyridocine hydrochloride, niacin, menadione sodium bisuldate complex (source of vitamin K), folic acid, vitamin D3 supplement, biotin, disodium phosphate, ferrous sulfate, magnesium sulfate, zinc sulfate, manganese sulfate, cobalt sulfate, calcium iodate, red 3 (artificial color)

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:
CRUDE PROTEIN: min. 38%
CRUDE FAT: min. 4.0%
CRUDE FIBER: max. 3.0%
MOISTURE: max. 12%
ASH: max. 10%
PHOSPHORUS: min. 0.7%

Last edited by MollyJean; 09-07-2012 at 11:25 AM.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #20 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJean View Post
The other two I use are already up (HBH and newlife) so I'll post this one and see if I can find a bottle of betta flakes I have sitting around but never used.
we have nls small fish and nls growth. :D if you have another feel free to post! dont forget to add tags too

Thanks!!!
ao is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquaselect fd bloodworms, attisons betta, hbh; omega one, nls grow, nls small fish formula