Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #7241 
Silverfang

Bounce! I'm impressed at how full and bright green those crypts are! Can I steal one of your green thumbs?
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #7242 
Ramla

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro fiend View Post
im on my first time with live plants too haha n idk uh.. no idea how u cld w/o taking it off the rock and reattatching ;p lol tho fertalizing the water when water changes help im sure :P

it mainly depends on your light tho. pretty sure i read somewer eon here that the time for it to latch itself onto driftwood can take like 2 weeks to a month. but lava rocks r usually more porus so youd think less time maybe lil longer with lower light? :P
Haha yeah..I'll probably save the root tabs for something down the road..since I can't find the receipt to return them XD. But I've got fertilizer so no problems, there I was just kinda hopin I'd be able to use the root tabs since I have them but oh well.

And my light is fairly decent I say since I am using my desk light during the day and such...but yeah hopefully in 2 weeks I can get rid of the unsightly dental floss XD
Ramla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #7243 
pyro fiend

lol well in due time in due time. shouldnt stare so hard at the floss buddy ;P lol but itl be no time. thats y i wont be using mosses or anchors in my first npt. to much work and id know its there so itd be verry noticable :P

i helped a buddy put java moss on a driftwood a few weeks back and every time i see it i try to pinpoint where the fishing line still is -.- XD
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #7244 
Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
Yep. :o)
The crypts were tiny when I bought them and I've never added any root tabs or anything so I guess that's why they're still so small/growing so slowly. I also kind of wonder if their small size might be partly due to me planting them so close together. I don't know. I just buy the "easy, low-light" plants and hope for the best.
I think the wendtii stays pretty small...I heard they only get to about 4" or so. Mine are about that tall now and not really doing anything. They where tiny when I bought em.
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #7245 
Bounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
I think the wendtii stays pretty small...I heard they only get to about 4" or so. Mine are about that tall now and not really doing anything. They where tiny when I bought em.
Well, that makes me feel better. haha They're probably about 3" now. I thought they were stunted in some way. They came from Petsmart in those packages that are hanging up above the plants they sell in tubes. Like I said, I never give them root tabs because I would really just as soon they stayed smaller because they're just in a 10 gal. tank.

These are some of the same plants that I bought previously to buying the ones for my betta tank. They're a little older. The clump in the middle is from the package I put in the betta tank. You can see the difference in how much bigger the older ones are. But, I do give them root tabs and just recently moved the smaller clump into this tank.

Bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #7246 
Silverfang

I'm impressed with how thick and bushy they are! Mine are generally much thinner.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:27 AM   #7247 
acadialover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
Yep. :o)
The crypts were tiny when I bought them and I've never added any root tabs or anything so I guess that's why they're still so small/growing so slowly. I also kind of wonder if their small size might be partly due to me planting them so close together. I don't know. I just buy the "easy, low-light" plants and hope for the best.
Looks gorgeous. Don't you want lower plants in the front and taller in the back ?
I think it is lovely.
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #7248 
DeviCy

My brand new and finally finished 10 gallon tank for Milotic I just planted it yesterday on my b-day. There are water lilly and onion plant bulbs planted in it, but they wont sprout for a while. What do you all think?

DeviCy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #7249 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviCy View Post
My brand new and finally finished 10 gallon tank for Milotic I just planted it yesterday on my b-day. There are water lilly and onion plant bulbs planted in it, but they wont sprout for a while. What do you all think?

it's very pretty! unfortunately the two plants to the right are non aquatice. to achieve a similar look you can replace them with vals and a larger variety of crypts
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #7250 
DeviCy

Really? I was told they were stupid petco employees they were rather expensive. They were labeled as aquatic.
DeviCy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, tank