Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #1 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Killer

How common is hyper aggression in Bettas my male can only love with an apple snail in a ten gallon he got along with otos because they could swim away he bit my finger he fights everything.

Last edited by ChoclateBetta; 09-07-2012 at 07:28 PM.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #2 
Alcemistnv

Ummm it just varies with the fish..?

Out of my 4, Buddha is the only one who shows high aggression. But at the same time, he trusts my finger so he's only aggressive to other bettas.

It's probably as common as having a very calm betta
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #3 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcemistnv View Post
Ummm it just varies with the fish..?

Out of my 4, Buddha is the only one who shows high aggression. But at the same time, he trusts my finger so he's only aggressive to other bettas.

It's probably as common as having a very calm betta
He had Labrador fur sticking out of his mouth put my hand in there he bit it. Ounce one of my friends put a few fish in there he tried to kill them but made sure no touching rule. When he was in a floating breeding trap in my twenty my last galaxy rasbora jumped in with him he was eating her holding her by his mouth sideways netted her out and put her back she perked up and still have her hoping for more galaxy rasboras only have one use it for guppy fry they seem to get more color when they are crammed I am seeing if they get the color a second time putting them up for adoption soon when they are full grown.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #4 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
He had Labrador fur sticking out of his mouth put my hand in there he bit it. Ounce one of my friends put a few fish in there he tried to kill them but made sure no touching rule. When he was in a floating breeding trap in my twenty my last galaxy rasbora jumped in with him he was eating her holding her by his mouth sideways netted her out and put her back she perked up and still have her hoping for more galaxy rasboras only have one use it for guppy fry they seem to get more color when they are crammed I am seeing if they get the color a second time putting them up for adoption soon when they are full grown.
...Lrabrador fur...?

And yea, most bettas are going to go after any other fish in the tank unless they're properly introduced and are "betta friendly."

And Galaxies might be too similar to another betta for him so he might have mistook it for a male.
My advice is just keep alone. Completely alone.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #5 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
...Lrabrador fur...?

And yea, most bettas are going to go after any other fish in the tank unless they're properly introduced and are "betta friendly."

And Galaxies might be too similar to another betta for him so he might have mistook it for a male.
My advice is just keep alone. Completely alone.
Galaxies are a inch long when you have a Labrador the fur gets everywhere he fight his reflection even he aggressively eats food.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #6 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Galaxies are a inch long when you have a Labrador the fur gets everywhere he fight his reflection even he aggressively eats food.
o.O
I'm just trying to figure out where the dog came from.
I had so many animal names thrown at my in two posts that I'm lost xD

And even if they're an inch long, that's about how long a female could be.. or a stunted male. It matters the colors and looks of the fish too, not just the size.

And yea, mine eats aggressively too, and bettas are known to flare and sometimes attack their refletion.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #7 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
o.O
I'm just trying to figure out where the dog came from.
I had so many animal names thrown at my in two posts that I'm lost xD

And even if they're an inch long, that's about how long a female could be.. or a stunted male. It matters the colors and looks of the fish too, not just the size.

And yea, mine eats aggressively too, and bettas are known to flare and sometimes attack their refletion.
Gold spots gray body light orange fin schooling and jumpy getting more as soon as I can.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #8 
Alcemistnv

how big is the tank your betta in now?
Old 09-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #9 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
how big is the tank your betta in now?
10 gallon planted apple snail big algae problem doing 25-50 percent water changes heated an filtered ran out of live food it was meant for my spoon leaved sundew but gave some occasionally to my fish weekly freeze dried brine shrimp and a pellet a day these pellets are nice and a little smaller than his mouth I used too do three but he gained too much wait.

Last edited by ChoclateBetta; 09-07-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #10 
Alcemistnv

HMMM
If I was in your situation, I'd move him to, like a 3 gal and put something else in the 10 gal, if you wanted to. I don't think it's going to be possible to put anything in the tank. ESPECIALLY if he turns and attackst the snail