Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #1 
Bettanewbie60

Fish good for stress?

Okay, so I've always heard that watching fish in a tank is good for stress relief..this obviously only applies to the people WATCHING the fish, and not to the people KEEPING the fish! Don't get me wrong..I love this hobby and the fish. However, it seems there is always something to do besides enjoying them..at least in my experience so far. I've spent two days dividing and getting tanks designed..that's the fun part. Then yesterday I noticed a lump on Beau's fin..I had just finished putting up my 5.5g divided tank for he and Brady. I worried, googled, talked to OFL, and finally went in to put him back in his 1g bowl for QT. As I'm taking him out of the 5.5 I notice that Brady has two huge tears in his fin..I'm talking from tip to body(almost)! I took out the plant that I think may have done it. I'm considering making all my tanks with real plants..still not even sure that is what happened. So, now I have one guy back in a 1g bowl, it stinks..and one guy with a ripped tail. I just got done moving my two tail biters to the new divided 10g..sigh. I need to do water changes tonight lol...and on I go..KEEPING fish...I hope some time soon I can just sit for a day and ENJOY them lol. Maybe the person who said, "Fish are good for stress" meant they were good at causing it. Ha ha ha.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #2 
Alcemistnv

My fish destress me, hence why I have 4 of them. Whenever I get extremely stressed, instead of doing what most people would do (involving a razor), I spend money. It's not harmful to me, and it's beneficial for my fish.

Water changes is the only stressful thing, and that's only because it takes me 45 to take Pudge and Buddha out of their tanks. Other than that, it's not bad at all for me.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #3 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcemistnv View Post
My fish destress me, hence why I have 4 of them. Whenever I get extremely stressed, instead of doing what most people would do (involving a razor), I spend money. It's not harmful to me, and it's beneficial for my fish.

Water changes is the only stressful thing, and that's only because it takes me 45 to take Pudge and Buddha out of their tanks. Other than that, it's not bad at all for me.
I really like doing things for them...but when I start worrying about them, the stress kicks in. Shopping right now is not an option for me either...The past couple days with the fish, the dogs, the house, and the hubby have been a bit overwhelming...I just need some rest and time to regroup.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #4 
xShainax

I am autistic and the betta's help me a lot with stress
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote