Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #14441 
moonsand0wls
Member
 
moonsand0wls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Somewhere you don't ;)
**The female gets hurt worse and worse
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:35 AM   #14442 
harleraven
Member
 
harleraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsand0wls View Post
OKAY something I have to get off my head.
My sister owns some Betta, and always tries to breed them. She claims she knows what she's doing. She always ruins the egg nest and it's quite obvious her female and male aren't compatiable yet she keeps trying and she just gets hurt worse and worse everytime. AND she keeps them in really little bowl things and doesn't cycle them or anything just puts them in.. It makes me so angry that she thinks she knows what she's doing and is hurting her fish in the process of her "knowing". I hate people that try to look after animals (in general) that they DONT know how to. :(
Ugh! The people who get a pet without researching its care first... Impulse buyers make me want to strangle them! I've been researching bettas off and on for the last several years, though now that I can finally have my tanks I really have been looking into their care carefully. It really does not take THAT long to properly research the care of most animals to make sure you can care for them properly BEFORE you get them. Yet so many people never even bother.
harleraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:15 AM   #14443 
moonsand0wls
Member
 
moonsand0wls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Somewhere you don't ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleraven View Post
Ugh! The people who get a pet without researching its care first... Impulse buyers make me want to strangle them! I've been researching bettas off and on for the last several years, though now that I can finally have my tanks I really have been looking into their care carefully. It really does not take THAT long to properly research the care of most animals to make sure you can care for them properly BEFORE you get them. Yet so many people never even bother.
I know right! IT'S HORRIBLE! When I got my first Betta, I spent MONTHS literally researching up about them, getting to know the species etc and make sure that EVERYTHING would be perfect for him when I got him. I hate when people just buy an animal when they see them because they look cool etc. and they don't even know what is involved! Yeah, I agree, it doesn't take that long to find out about them.. would save the person AND the fish a lot of trouble. -_-
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:01 AM   #14444 
teeneythebetta
Member
 
teeneythebetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
You should tell her about the forum and hopefully she will join.
Tell her there are people who have breeding tips

I Hope she doesn't kill them :(
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:00 AM   #14445 
moonsand0wls
Member
 
moonsand0wls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Somewhere you don't ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
You should tell her about the forum and hopefully she will join.
Tell her there are people who have breeding tips

I Hope she doesn't kill them :(
Aw :( She is really thick and won't, because "she knows what she's doing" i've already talked to her about it and she won't because she's kind of arrogant annoys me poor fish..
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #14446 
AngesRadieux
New Member
 
AngesRadieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
I hate, hate, HATE showing other people my writing. I don't mind so much posting it on the internet for people to read, but people I see face to face? Hate it! I know it's necessary in some cases, like giving a paper to a professor to grade. But was it REALLY necessary for my fiction writing professor to decide that our VERY FIRST ASSIGNMENT in the class has to be distributed to everyone in the class so they can open fire on it and outline every reason the piece sucks?

I finished my piece at like 10 Thursday night and it's already been through at least half a dozen revisions. I'm TERRIFIED! Especially because EVERYONE in the class except me has already taken creative writing. I'm taking it this semester at the same time as fiction writing. I feel I'm going to be at a big disadvantage and my piece is going to be absolutely AWFUL in comparison. I thought it was going to be mostly just handing work into the professor. When I signed up for the class no one told me I'd have to let EVERYONE read my assignments. And no one told me that basically EVERYONE takes creative writing FIRST.

I can't tell you how many times I've read this stupid thing over and changed things. On the first draft, I think there's about as much red ink on it as there is black! Now that I'm on the 7th or 8th, I haven't been changing quite as much, but I'm still not satisfied. I just printed out a clean copy with my newest revisions and I'm going to take a red pen to that either tonight or tomorrow. I'm just so paranoid and I don't think I'll EVER be satisfied. Come Thursday, I'm gonna be sweating bullets in class!
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #14447 
teeneythebetta
Member
 
teeneythebetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Oh yeah I that that too.
I hate when you hand in papers to the teacher and they read them at their desk while you're in class. I feel so stupid when they do that >.<
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #14448 
MollyJean
Member
 
MollyJean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: East Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngesRadieux View Post
I hate, hate, HATE showing other people my writing. I don't mind so much posting it on the internet for people to read, but people I see face to face? Hate it! I know it's necessary in some cases, like giving a paper to a professor to grade. But was it REALLY necessary for my fiction writing professor to decide that our VERY FIRST ASSIGNMENT in the class has to be distributed to everyone in the class so they can open fire on it and outline every reason the piece sucks?

I finished my piece at like 10 Thursday night and it's already been through at least half a dozen revisions. I'm TERRIFIED! Especially because EVERYONE in the class except me has already taken creative writing. I'm taking it this semester at the same time as fiction writing. I feel I'm going to be at a big disadvantage and my piece is going to be absolutely AWFUL in comparison. I thought it was going to be mostly just handing work into the professor. When I signed up for the class no one told me I'd have to let EVERYONE read my assignments. And no one told me that basically EVERYONE takes creative writing FIRST.

I can't tell you how many times I've read this stupid thing over and changed things. On the first draft, I think there's about as much red ink on it as there is black! Now that I'm on the 7th or 8th, I haven't been changing quite as much, but I'm still not satisfied. I just printed out a clean copy with my newest revisions and I'm going to take a red pen to that either tonight or tomorrow. I'm just so paranoid and I don't think I'll EVER be satisfied. Come Thursday, I'm gonna be sweating bullets in class!
I know how you feel.. I've been writing for years and not a living soul has read any of it. I'm just scared it's going to offend someone or annoy someone.. or that people are going to tell me I have no talent and should pick a different hobby.. I've never taken a class.. heck, I barely passed English in high school, but I do love writing fiction. I love RPing (text based fantasy roleplay mostly, or NWN2) which is about the only thing I'll let anyone see.

:( I hope they're not too hard on you. I mean it's a class, you're there to learn.. they can't expect you to be a pro on the first assignment, right?
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #14449 
MollyJean
Member
 
MollyJean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: East Tennessee
OK my turn to rant.

I have one relative.. I think everyone has one.. who isn't just religious... she's OMGPRAYNOWTOJEEEEEZUS! and SPAMS 50-100 religious posts on Facebook every.. single.. day... UG!

Before anyone gets the wrong idea, no, I'm not Christian, but I am a very religious woman, and I respect that other people believe differently. But I'm of the opinion that I shouldn't force my views down someone else's throat, and prefer not to have other views shoved down mine.

So I just ignore most of them.. Sure, I'll read them, but never comment.. almost never. Sometimes she posts religions things I do agree with, and we have had a few private talks about it. In the end, it's her facebook wall, she can post what she wants, but it's also public, so she has to expect sooner or later someone is going to say something she doesn't like.

She posted this today.



Cute, harmless.. but that last line just... struck a nerve with me. I can't vocalize why it bothers me so much, but it does. Mind you, this is an aunt, someone I see all the time real life (She never talks religion in person)... so when I said exactly what I was thinking.. that the last line was inappropriate and a little insulting.. she unfriendly me. WTH? Was it worth that? So I don't like it. Big deal. I didn't say it in a mean way, and she's always known I'm not Christian. We've had lots of talks about it... Maybe someone saw it and she was ashamed she's related to me or something? I don't know.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #14450 
AngesRadieux
New Member
 
AngesRadieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJean View Post
I know how you feel.. I've been writing for years and not a living soul has read any of it. I'm just scared it's going to offend someone or annoy someone.. or that people are going to tell me I have no talent and should pick a different hobby.. I've never taken a class.. heck, I barely passed English in high school, but I do love writing fiction. I love RPing (text based fantasy roleplay mostly, or NWN2) which is about the only thing I'll let anyone see.

:( I hope they're not too hard on you. I mean it's a class, you're there to learn.. they can't expect you to be a pro on the first assignment, right?
Except most of the class is English or creative writing majors. -.- And they've all taken other writing classes before and in my first two years of college I never had the chance to take a writing course. I write a lot, and a lot of times I'll post it online on sites like Fictionpress, but in the last like five years I can count on one hand the number of times I've shown my work to anyone but a teacher.

I also to a bunch of text based role playing. So, again, people see my writing that way. But, that's also over the internet and not people I'm seeing face to face. And it's not like my role playing partners are the toughest critics. They aren't going to give me critiques on my prose or anything, so it's not really the same.

And especially because it's the FIRST assignment, and it'll only be the second class. I'd be more okay with it if a few weeks had gone by, we'd handed in a couple prompts to the professor already, and I was getting to know some of the people in the class. I'd still be nervous, but I'd feel a bit more comfortable if we waited until the semester was a little further along to start having the entire class read our work.
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rant! Alexanderismylife Betta Chat 7 07-01-2010 02:17 PM
Rant CodeRed The Lounge 15 06-15-2010 08:17 PM
OMG I can't take this anymore *A Rant* Zenandra The Lounge 4 06-11-2010 04:47 PM
Arg! (A rant) vaygirl The Lounge 7 06-09-2010 08:24 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.