Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #1 
labloverl

Eventually plan to get 2 more... ideas on colors?

I'm currently waiting on my 5 gallon to finish cycling (fishless with fish food) so I can eventually divide it and put 2 males in. I already have a 10 gallon set up divided 3 ways. I have a royal blue VT, a black orchid CT, and red VT. However, I'm not sure what colors I want for the 5 gallon. I know that they will either be a CT or a VT. I don't want 2 of the same color.... Not a fan of pink and purple either.... Any specific color recommendations for these tail types? I'm thinking maybe a multi-colored one, and maybe a chocolate/mustard gas colored one... any ideas?
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #2 
registereduser

IMO when it comes to choosing a pet, even a pet fish, you need to go with your gut and choose one with which you think you may have a bond.

If you are getting the fish at Petco you might find a color you have never seen before or you might find a fish with a personality so big you just have to get him no matter what color he is.

That said I totally went by colors when choosing my females but for the males I used my gut. And yet I am after a certain color of "giant" because there is only one color available at Petco. and I did want a mustard gas from Mo even tho it will be bought sight unseen...........

I guess what I am trying to say is I'm a hypocrite

Last edited by registereduser; 09-08-2012 at 01:11 PM.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #3 
labloverl

LOL!

Yes I totally get what you're saying! I do go with my gut. Kinda hard to describe, but if I see one that I like the personality of, I start to think.. "Hmmm, I do like this color," even if it wasn't the color I had in my mind...

With my black orchid though, he was the only one, I just took him home. THEN i fell in love with his personality.
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote