Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #7261 
homegrown terror

our "bedroom bettas" Frodo and Sam in the divided 10 gallon, and Rasputin and Vlad in the 3 gallons on the sides. all three tanks are a mix of live planted and silk planted. (also, my hats!)
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #7262 
pyro fiend

wow teeny mine 4 3.99 for 4in[tho just got like 5-6in amazons in a 4in container]

i wish there was a sticky.. but there aint. someone should ask a moderater to make one tho :D but peacock is a beautiful fern buddy has them[didnt know till i had take mine back lol].. just its best used for tropical terrariums. actually petsmarts peacock states "sub aquatic best used in tropical terrariums" ;p
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #7263 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro fiend View Post
wow teeny mine 4 3.99 for 4in[tho just got like 5-6in amazons in a 4in container]

i wish there was a sticky.. but there aint. someone should ask a moderater to make one tho :D but peacock is a beautiful fern buddy has them[didnt know till i had take mine back lol].. just its best used for tropical terrariums. actually petsmarts peacock states "sub aquatic best used in tropical terrariums" ;p
Yeah they are in tubes labeled "12 inches" even though the plants are only 9-10 inces tall. Still too expensive IMO for one plant. I like petsmart better because they're cheaper and have more variety.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #7264 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
I know it sucks my petco's plants are mostly $10 each

@Aokashi
What plants are those that she has?
one looks like mondo grass, the ither seems like dracenea. i'm 99% sure about the dracenea... neve heard of water grass. is it fairly hard? if it is fairly havd and dark green its mondo grass

edit. behind the dracena is possibly amazon sword.

Last edited by ao; 09-07-2012 at 08:44 PM.
ao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #7265 
homegrown terror

closer views of Raspy and Vlad's tanks...each one has one white ribbon plant and two anubias nanas, as well as a big flowy silk plant for a canopy/sleepy spot, and a "terra potta cot" (as Opioid would say) for them to hide in when they wanna be left alone.

homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #7266 
pyro fiend

wow my lps sells 4 7 and 12in i believe 4in [tho usually taller for swords and much smaller for ferns] r 3.99 7 are like 5.99 and 12 are 7.99 you gettin jipped ;p my local petco has more then my petsmart.. then again petsmart just opened.. all petsmart has is onion, lilly, umbrella plant, "aquatic fern" and peacock fern.. rest r bulbs. wiel my petco has everything but mosses n moss balls -.-
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:21 PM   #7267 
Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
our "bedroom bettas" Frodo and Sam in the divided 10 gallon, and Rasputin and Vlad in the 3 gallons on the sides. all three tanks are a mix of live planted and silk planted. (also, my hats!)
These are all really nice! I like the silk plants...are those real white and green plants fully aquatic though?
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #7268 
ellafishcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWayneBetta View Post
I'm a new Betta owner. Here's pics of of our 3 new Bettas and their homes.

First, we have the kid's divided 10 gallon tank. All 3 of the males we got are Crown Tail Bettas. My son's is the blue and red one which he named Ghost Roaster after a video game character. I'm guessing this one is a bi-colored Betta. My daughter's Betta, even though a male, will be living like a princess. Haha! His name is Marina. I'm not sure if he's multicolored or what. His body is iridescent pink and his fins are red.

Next, we have Bruce Wayne which I picked for myself. I'll be taking care of all three though. Bruce is in a 2.5 gallon tank until I can upgrade to a 5.5. He is black and dark blue.

So far, they all seem to be transitioning well. We rescued them from those tiny containers at PetSmart. ;)
I know this is an old post, but I have a betta named Bruce Wayne too, named by my little brother after he got out of brain surgery. The best part is, he's a blue crowntail just like yours!
ellafishcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #7269 
Silverfang

I hate to break it to you Homegrown, but those plants aren't truly aquatic. You might want to get rid of them before they rot.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #7270 
Orpheus92

Here's my tank with a silver/red halfmoon, and a pink/white/blue crowntail :)
Orpheus92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank