Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2012, 07:02 AM   #1 
magnum

First Female!

So, I know I was expecting to get a HMPK male, but I seen this little girl and couldn't resist. She was so cute, and when I went over to the sorority tank she was being kept in, she flared at the other females and swam right up to the glass and did it a little fin-waggle. I tried to restrain myself, but as I passed her on the way out, somehow she ended up coming with me! I've only had her for a day and a half. Unfortunately she didn't have a heater for her first night, but I managed to pick one up today!

Since it's late, I'm only going to upload the one photo, but more will be up tomorrow of this little cutie!

By the way, I havn't thought of a name, any suggestions?
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:12 AM   #2 
teeneythebetta

Aww how cute! What tail type is she? :D

Name suggestions: Daphney, Penny, Valarie
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:25 AM   #3 
magnum

She's a little crown tail. I love the names, I'm really after something fantasy like for her name, though I do like Valarie.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:14 AM   #4 
MSG

She looks like a smaller version of my largest f betta..

Glad you mentioned she was a crowntail because I was wondering about why her fins were shredded.

• Not sure if you should be concerned, but her belly is abnormally HUGE. You may want to feed her 1 pellet for now and wait a few days before her next feeding.
  • So your pet store keeps their females in a sorority tank?
BTW, how long is she? My red Diavolo is 2.5". She gets fed caterpillers and huge bugs that no one else can fit in their mouths.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #5 
magnum

Yeah, she actually hasn't been fed from when I got her. I assumed her belly was so big because she had eggs though. Yes, one of my LFS keep there females in a sorority. It's actually really nice, with heated water and plants and around six females in there.

I'll have to measure her and get back to you. She's quite long (i think?) for a female though.

Here she is again!