Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #31 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceven View Post
Well if they do start speaking, clearly it is the beginning of "Planet of the Bettas" In which case I think we are safe, its wal-mart, petsmart, and people that generally suck that will be in real trouble lol.
Probably, but with Piou's look you never know... Either its an accident or he is plotting something reaaaaalyyyyyy sinister...
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #32 
Bettagirl101

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot00 View Post
probably, but with piou's look you never know... Either its an accident or he is plotting something reaaaaalyyyyyy sinister...
lol! :)
Bettagirl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #33 
Opioid Slumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettagirl101 View Post
Lol. Nemo has started to dance around almost in circles when he hears my voice. He used to flare at me everyday. Then I started talking to him. He loves me now. He even knows when he's getting fed. I have another betta in the living room that I say good morning to and he knows when he's getting fed. Betta's are so smart! :)
Our bettas know when they're about to get food also! They react in different ways to it. Eric has the best reaction. As soon as one of us walks up to his tank to feed him, we show him the food jar. When he sees the container of food, he gets really excited and starts wagging his whole body vigorously. He'll follow the jar and will swim back and forth really fast while also doing his body wiggles. Then he goes straight to the spot where his food will flow to because of the bubbles from the air stone, and will wait for it to come to him. it is the most adorable thing!

Sam and Frodo are in our divided tank and they always just come to the top and wait when they hear and see the tank lid being opened. Godric will kind of follow the jar like Eric does. We've only had Rasputin for a week or so and he hasn't learned the different feeding time signals yet. i'm sure it won't be long before he's reacting to it as well.
Opioid Slumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #34 
sunstar93

I talk to my Leo all the time and I've only had him for 3 days(:
I kiss at him when I walk by him and he gets up to greet me when he sees my lamp go on in the morning (probably because he knows he's getting fed).
In fact, this was him yesterday morning getting up to greet me:
sunstar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #35 
Kitty Whiskers

Yep, I talk to my Bettas and even my Cory Catfish, Snails and Fiddler Crabs LOL. I use their name and say Hi as I pass by or at feeding times. My cat gets very jealous that I pay attention to the fish. When I feed them, stop to talk to them, or just sit and watch them, she runs up and starts pawing at me and meowing like she's saying "No me! Pay attention to me only!" This is a daily thing that goes on ha ha!
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #36 
Bettagirl101

Sunster your betta looks like Royale, or Roy, the betta fish in the living room. The only main difference is that yous has a tail. Roy does not, he has bitten the whole thing off. The little monster.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #37 
sunstar93

Bettagirl101, I bet Roy is still pretty though! Leo has some nibble marks on the edge of his fins but they aren't too bad. (I've seen some babies on here with no tails or fins at all and I'm relieved that Leo isn't that bad off.)
sunstar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #38 
Bettagirl101

He is very pretty. I'm hoping to get him a 2.5 gallon fish tank for christmas. It's, hopefully, going to be an Aqueon Mini Bow Desktop Aquarium. I'll also get him some plants and gravel. He as of right now has a cave and betta hammock that he loves. I will also move those into his new tank.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #39 
KcSaf

i talk to mine all the time as well. equally of course... but ya, i say good night, and morning every day if i can, and apologize if i was too tired to remember to feed them that morning before i went to school, and then i give them a little snack :)
KcSaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #40 
betalover56

I don't think its weird at all! I talk to my puggle as if he is a child and he really understands and communicates back! I loe animals and I think if you continue to communicate they respond positively and live longer. I am a begginer at Betas and will be setting up a Beta minium in about 3 weeks. I need some opinions here. I would like to do at least a 10 gallon, and I am not sure about doing a split with 1 male and then some females on the other side, or just do an all female sorority tank. and where is the best place to buy betas ? We have a petsmart and also a petco here as well as a huge tropical fish specialty store! Any help would be welcomed! Thanks everyone!
betalover56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, male, veil tail