Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #1 
gn3ranger

Angry Frustrating! "Relatives!" RANT

Ok so I was asleep when this happened my aunt came to visit and brought along her 2 boys. My betta phillip is in the living room and from what i heard from my brother the whole time they kept opening the screen hood and feeding my fish constantly pouring shrimp and betta pellets in. I was like well it can't be that bad so i took a look in the tank and my betta's stomach is huge, I can tell they over fed him and the cories look overfed as-well. Ah I am so mad right now! If i was awake I would've hid the food. Do you guys ever have this sorta thing happen when little kids come to your house? It really gets me upset that the fish must pay for kid's being kid's. Of-course i did a water change after this incident I wouldn't put it past them spitting or doing other stuff to the tank.
gn3ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #2 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Like, 10 years ago, kids my mom were babysitting dumped a huge box of flakes in my tank. The water was green, some fish died. Horrible. o.o
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #3 
harleraven

Ugh, 'kids being kids' is not an excuse. Those are kids that have no discipline! If I had done something like that as a kid, I would have gotten a wallop! I'm not saying you have to spank kids, but sheesh, they do have to be taught acceptable behavior.
harleraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #4 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn3ranger View Post
Ok so I was asleep when this happened my aunt came to visit and brought along her 2 boys. My betta phillip is in the living room and from what i heard from my brother the whole time they kept opening the screen hood and feeding my fish constantly pouring shrimp and betta pellets in. I was like well it can't be that bad so i took a look in the tank and my betta's stomach is huge, I can tell they over fed him and the cories look overfed as-well. Ah I am so mad right now! If i was awake I would've hid the food. Do you guys ever have this sorta thing happen when little kids come to your house? It really gets me upset that the fish must pay for kid's being kid's. Of-course i did a water change after this incident I wouldn't put it past them spitting or doing other stuff to the tank.
Hey, my betta's name is Phillip too!

I hate little kids and they are only allowed in my house under strict supervision.

*shakes cane in air*

registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #5 
gn3ranger

I know the parent's should be more strict. I would've yeld at them Seriously i would not care what their parents would think me of you just cannot do that to fish. You seriously have no idea how angry I am right now. I try and try to keep my fish fed properly keep their tank in pristine shape, but noo kids have to ruin it the tank looked awful when i woke up I saw betta pellets floating everywhere. Sigh... all i can do is hope phillip did not eat to much
Old 09-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #6 
harleraven

Sorry, I did not mean to make that sound like I was berating you. I was berating their parents for not giving them the proper education on behavior! I hope poor Phillip will be okay! D:
harleraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #7 
gn3ranger

Not a problem. I didn't see your comment aiming at me anyways :P. what worries me are the shrimp pellets they put in he will tear those pellets apart which is why i use a plastic mesh divider when i feed the cories the pellets.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #8 
megaredize

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
Hey, my betta's name is Phillip too!

I hate little kids and they are only allowed in my house under strict supervision.

*shakes cane in air*

haha i feel exactly the same way. unfortunately MOST not all parents dont know how to raise their kids anymore.
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #9 
babystarz

I don't have random kids in my house very often because I'm 24 and my roommates are 22. We all just graduated from college, which is notable for its absence of children and old people. We did have a 9 year old with ADHD over the other day though, and he was very interested in my fish. I showed him how to grab one bloodworm at a time with a q-tip and let him dip a worm into a couple of tanks. He thought it was awesome. I was a bit nervous letting him around the fish because he's a bit like a walking tornado but everything went fine :D When kids are well supervised they're usually tolerable.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #10 
LadyVictorian

My little nieces would never do that, they know better. Comes to show you how well some kids are raised now a days. My nieces know the fish can only be fed a little food once or twice a day (but don't get me wrong if they came over they would ask if they could feed the fish.) My little brother who is only 10 knows the same thing, and my younger cousin is the same but then again that is expected of her. She wanted to be a vet for a while so she read every book on animals she can find. xD
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote