Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #91 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Another myth 3 years is impressive to gold fish and Betta one can live 40 years another can live 10 years.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:52 PM   #92 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
That's so true. Like PURINA pet foods say their food is "healthy and made with real meat" while it's just a bag of corn for the most part
Yeah I know right!? I pay a lot more attention to pet food ingredients than I used to...
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:15 AM   #93 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
Yeah I know right!? I pay a lot more attention to pet food ingredients than I used to...
Same with Bettas the first ingredient has to be meat.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:52 AM   #94 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Same with Bettas the first ingredient has to be meat.
Yeah I meant pet food as in all pets including (actually especially) betta
Old 09-09-2012, 01:20 AM   #95 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Someone ounce said in the wild Betta splendens habitat is turbulent and aquarium ones are muts and Genetically modified.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:22 AM   #96 
finnfinnfriend

aquarium bettas are genetically modified
Old 09-09-2012, 01:25 AM   #97 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
aquarium bettas are genetically modified
I do not think they meant selective breeding.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:27 AM   #98 
thekinetic

Quote:
Most well cared for in big tank good diet dying of old age 7-8 years and extreme dedication 10 years the three thing probably makes them think they
provided good care get a new Betta and defend Betta myths seems like Americans believe these myths the most no offense studies show most americans might be too dumb for democracy and most believe dogs SOLD at pet stores are not from puppy mills also most Americans believe what business and government tell them no matter how absurd. Please do not be affended I am just speaking from studies and expierence.
I don't know where you're from but why don't you study the US before making assumptions. For one we are NOT a democracy, never were, we are and always have been a republic. You should know most studies are completely asanine and are only based off of a few fools that actually participate in them. Most Americans know the government is full of it, and simply do not care where a puppy is from. We are consumers and capitalists and only care about the ends not the means.

And the grim truth the world does not want to hear is without us to supply them with customers the world economy would go to heck in handbasket. Also that we've done more in 200 years than most coutries have done in a thousand. Yet the world thinks we're stupid, isn't that the proverbial pot.......no offense.

Also to the original poster; fiddler crabs can live in freshwater as they are brackish, which means they live in tidel areas where there usually both present. While they prefer salt water, they can live just fine in fresh. My niece still has her crab and he is doing amazingly well, hence why I say the myth is the myth.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:31 AM   #99 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
I do not think they meant selective breeding.
No they are genetically modified. They have supersonic hearing and can hear the faintest noise from miles away. They also can kill an adult human being with one strike, but normally choose not to. The way they do this is from incredibly strong laser beams that they shoot from their eyes, and they have incredible aim. They can also give off very strong radioactive gamma rays, so don't stand with your head too close to the tank for too long...
Old 09-09-2012, 01:36 AM   #100 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
No they are genetically modified. They have supersonic hearing and can hear the faintest noise from miles away. They also can kill an adult human being with one strike, but normally choose not to. The way they do this is from incredibly strong laser beams that they shoot from their eyes, and they have incredible aim. They can also give off very strong radioactive gamma rays, so don't stand with your head too close to the tank for too long...
Was that a joke?