Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #1 
HopeNicholson

Finally completed my fishy family!

Phew its been a couple weeks since ive been on here, been lurking mostly. But i finally got 2 more fish! The little girl Bifrost wasnt what i had planned when i walked into the store, but my GOODNESS is she ever pretty. I just couldnt say no to her when i saw her. And shes very social with me too.....she even jumped up out of the water some when i was giving her a bloodworm (something my lazy males will probably never do :P)

Also i finally got Thor to complete my family! My first three fish came from the Petco my friend works at, but i ran to the Petsmart close to me to check out some decorations. Last time i was there their Betta selection was pretty bland sadly, but i managed to find a couple amazing Veiltails! After about 10 minutes of not knowing which to choose i noticed one of them had built a bubblenest in his tiny cup, so i decided he was the one! And my GOODNESS hes so pretty, he's almost pink/purple. I currently have him in a 1 gallon halfmoon shaped tank, but i plan to get a 5 gallon tank my brother gave to me out of the shed and cleaned out for him! :D
Attached Images

Last edited by HopeNicholson; 09-08-2012 at 11:28 AM. Reason: typo
HopeNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #2 
misterBetta22

thats beautiful!

misterBetta22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #3 
teeneythebetta

Aww they're all so cute!!
Is Bifrost a female or a baby? :D
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #4 
homegrown terror

we also have fish named after the great Old Gods. we've got Thor (a marble molly) Skadhi (a dalmatian molly) Sunna (a sunburst wag platy) Mani (a panda platy) and also a yellow and black platy named Mead (because he looks like a bee) and ADFs named Loki and Grendel!
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #5 
HopeNicholson

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Aww they're all so cute!!
Is Bifrost a female or a baby? :D
Female actually! Ive never seen a female anywhere near her color at the Petco my friend works at, so at first i thought she was just a baby male. But then the manager pointed out she was definitely a female. But regardless I was already convinced to buy her, cause she was just so attentive and normal even when in that little cup. Shes a tough one too!
Old 09-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #6 
HopeNicholson

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
we also have fish named after the great Old Gods. we've got Thor (a marble molly) Skadhi (a dalmatian molly) Sunna (a sunburst wag platy) Mani (a panda platy) and also a yellow and black platy named Mead (because he looks like a bee) and ADFs named Loki and Grendel!
Yay, its awesome to know im not the only one with a fish named Loki! I had his name picked out before i even bought him, same with Thor actually! Heimdall and Bifrost on the other hand were spur of the moment :D It took me almost a week to figure out Bifrost's name.....but the name is so perfect for her since she glimmers the rainbow sometimes!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #7 
Onlyonagoodday

Bifrost is so freaking cute! They all are really, but she just caught my eye.
Onlyonagoodday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:54 PM   #8 
HopeNicholson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyonagoodday View Post
Bifrost is so freaking cute! They all are really, but she just caught my eye.
Thats EXACTLY how i felt when i found her at the store! I went there with no real purpose to buy a 3rd fish.....but i told myself if i did give in id finally be buying Thor and i even found a nice red/purple veiltail......but in the end her cute little black eyes locked onto me and that was that!

I love all 4 of my fish so darn much but i swear if she isnt the smallest most adorable thing EVER <3
Old 09-09-2012, 04:47 AM   #9 
katydidmischief

They're all so beautiful and I love their names!
katydidmischief is offline   Reply With Quote