Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #31 
lvandert

my VT learned a short tail is a lighter tail a long time ago... He hasn't had his big tail in months... I've tried everything under the sun to possibly get him to stop but to no avail. I swear that boy just wants to be a plakat.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #32 
Atena

I have been giving him salt baths and he is already showing improvements. I have live plants too, love them.

Don't leave the mirror in all the time because your Betta will fight himself to death, literally.

I got it at pet smart in the parrot section, I just took the bell off the bottom. I like that is has a plastic frame, the sharp edges of the glass on traditional betta mirrors had me worried.
Atena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #33 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atena View Post
I have been giving him salt baths and he is already showing improvements. I have live plants too, love them.

Don't leave the mirror in all the time because your Betta will fight himself to death, literally.

I got it at pet smart in the parrot section, I just took the bell off the bottom. I like that is has a plastic frame, the sharp edges of the glass on traditional betta mirrors had me worried.
ooooh smart!
Kuro isn't that entertaining :) he'll flare at himself. get bored. nose around the water garden. The realize that he's left the betta in the mirror alone. then flares again. lol.

There are days when I've left the mirror there by accident. by the time i come back he's still flaring. I'm using the compact ones that is really har to position to get it to sit on the tank... hmm... maybe I should make my own betta mirrors to sell XD
ao is offline   Reply With Quote