Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #111 
homegrown terror

pit bulls are wonderful dogs...i used to have a pit-beagle (she had a pitbull head and face, beagle nose and body, and beagle coloration, except instead of solid black and brown spotting, she had full-on brindle spots) she was dumb as a bag of pebbles but the sweetest dog you'd ever meet. she LOVED cigarettes, too. if you put a pack down anywhere she could reach, no matter where she was in the house, she'd know instantly and the minute you turn your back, she'd be over there eating them, box and all.

as for the "american stereotypes," i've met PLENTY of people who fulfill them all, and many others who defy them. i'll just chime in that the US is just another country, bigger and more powerful, but still just a country, and all countries, to one degree or another, are ruled by corrupt men satisfying the whims of the corrupt men who sponsor their presidency. governments today cannot exist without corporations and conglomerates backing them financially, and corporations cannot exist without governments backing them with hired muscle. i don't hate america any more than any other corrupt country, but it's the one i have to deal with on a daily basis, so it's the one most of my hate gets thrown at.

by the way, yes, if america fell, there would be economic turmoil all over the world, but it's the same any time an empire falls. would the world really be better if the persian, roman, spanish, english, or any other empire of the past still ruled the world? i highly doubt it, so i think the world can weather a little turmoil in the interest of sweeping away broken relics.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #112 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I just think Americans are more trusting of big business than an actual expert it is like who do you believe someone who bred a Betta or someone who cares for Bettas both can treat them bad. And people go breeders use small tanks but breeders only keep them a few months and do daily water changes but a breeder can treat them bad and give bad care and still breed them look at guppies no matter how bad conditions are they still breed. P.S. I am the only person I know in america who is underweight so skinny if I lose 20 pounds I go to a hospital.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #113 
teeneythebetta

Trust me, you're not alone chocolatebetta. There are
Plenty of underweight people everywhere, I'm one myself.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #114 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Underweight people unite but do you agree Americans in general trust big business even though most of the business are not trust worthy. On the side thing for advertisements saw a cute pit bull.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #115 
teeneythebetta

Yeah I don't like being underweight though. I've had people assume I have an eating disorder. :(
I can't speak for America as a whole. I do believe there are people in America that do that; we are a big melting pot; diverse. With diversity comes a range of opinions and beliefs.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #116 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Yeah I don't like being underweight though. I've had people assume I have an eating disorder. :(
I can't speak for America as a whole. I do believe there are people in America that do that; we are a big melting pot; diverse. With diversity comes a range of opinions and beliefs.
Yeah but not all opinion are right like the they like small tanks and big tanks scare them is the wrong opinion or all autistic are dumb opinion is wrong too.

Please avoid using words such as "retarded," this can be considered offensive, and is not politically correct. Thank you.
I was not using that word as an insult just stating an improper belief.

Last edited by ChoclateBetta; 09-09-2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Language
Old 09-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #117 
Mo

Some bettas are like that, I know of quite a few stories where bettas don't do well in larger tanks opposed t smaller ones. I think they feel more secure in smaller tanks just sometimes and this is the reason for some bettas being afraid or not doing well in large spaces
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #118 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
Some bettas are like that, I know of quite a few stories where bettas don't do well in larger tanks opposed t smaller ones. I think they feel more secure in smaller tanks just sometimes and this is the reason for some bettas being afraid or not doing well in large spaces
It is probably because Bettas need hiding spaces not open tanks without decorations.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #119 
Mo

Nope. Even with the adequate amount of hiding places, decorates and plants they do equally well or worse in the larger tank.
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #120 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
Nope. Even with the adequate amount of hiding places, decorates and plants they do equally well or worse in the larger tank.
I just can not believe that water quality decorations care food reflection.