Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #121 
teeneythebetta

Depends on the individual betta.
When I first got the 10 gallon for Teeney all I had in it was a pineapple house and she loved it. Some bettas might not like it.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #122 
Mo

TTB is right. It depends on personality. Some will NOT do better in a larger tank while others will
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #123 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

My Bettas Betty and Carter love there 10 and 20 gallons another myth is smaller tanks are easier to care for which is wrong cycling without a source of ammonia is another problem people do.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #124 
Mo

For me a smaller tank is easier to care for.. Doing the 50% and 100% on a 2.5 is very easy for me while doing the weekly water change on a 10 or 20 gallon would be harder for me..
Old 09-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #125 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
For me a smaller tank is easier to care for.. Doing the 50% and 100% on a 2.5 is very easy for me while doing the weekly water change on a 10 or 20 gallon would be harder for me..
Actually bigger needs less water changes heating and filtering is easier you admitted it is not easier it need less water changes and heating is easier plus more fish exercise. Technically a 10 and 20 gallon are not big tanks.Bigger is always better and easier unless overstocked cleaning is harder then.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:52 PM   #126 
Mo

The amount of war you have to change is larger.. Not the percentage.. And when did I say it was easier? Read my post next time and tell the truth. I never said a bigger tank was easier
Old 09-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #127 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
The amount of war you have to change is larger.. Not the percentage.. And when did I say it was easier? Read my post next time and tell the truth. I never said a bigger tank was easier
Things like Ammonia do not build as fast you said in the amount of water changes it is a fact a bigger tank is easier to clean if set up properly.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #128 
Koda

While a larger tank would require water changes less frequently, the amount of water taken out and put back in is much greater, which would require more trips back and forth from the sink and where the old water is dumped. Or you could strain your back trying to carry around all that water in one go.
I have 3 betta tanks, each a different size (2.5, 5, and 10) and to be honest I dread doing water changes on the 10g the most.
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #129 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda View Post
While a larger tank would require water changes less frequently, the amount of water taken out and put back in is much greater, which would require more trips back and forth from the sink and where the old water is dumped. Or you could strain your back trying to carry around all that water in one go.
I have 3 betta tanks, each a different size (2.5, 5, and 10) and to be honest I dread doing water changes on the 10g the most.
No one can deny a Betta in a 10 needs less cleaning than a Betta in a 5 chemicals do not build up as fast also more exercise do not deny the truth.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #130 
Koda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
No one can deny a Betta in a 10 needs less cleaning than a Betta in a 5 chemicals do not build up as fast also more exercise do not deny the truth.
Bigger tank doesn't technically mean "more exercise" my fish in the 2.5 swims around just as much as the one in the 10g. It just happens he has a little less room to do it in.
Consider this, I can run around a quarter mile long track for an hour OR do little laps around a room in my house for the same amount of time. Technically I'm getting the same amount of exercise.
All a bigger tank means is more space to explore, which gives the betta something to do other than something potentially dangerous, like say tail biting. But for some all that space could be stressful (kind of like a person who is afraid of going outdoors).
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote