Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #141 
Koda

It seems my poor attempt at changing the subject has failed :/
Maybe I'll give it another go.
Myth: A dog's mouth is cleaner than a humans, and may even have healing properties.
Fact: A dogs mouth can harbor as much if not more bacteria or other infectious organisms as a human. Due to the differences in diet, however, those bacteria are different and some are not harmful to humans which is part of why this myth came about. There is a reason for the term "dog breath," and it certainly doesn't come from a particularly clean mouth.
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #142 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
It's an active fish that is 6" long (telescopes). But, a fancy such as an oranda can still hit 12" no problem. Would you put a foot long fish in a 20 gallon? People don't realize but fancies can get just as big as regular goldfish.
I am talking about the smaller ones like 4 inch strains but I prefer big Koi ponds for goldfish and a Betta in a 10 would need very few water changes. Another Myth there is only one species of Bettas.Bettas live longer in cold water myth. Bettas come from china and japan/they come from temperate envirements.

Last edited by ChoclateBetta; 09-09-2012 at 01:40 PM.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #143 
Mo

Then why did you say telescope which get to 6 inch if you we referring to 4 inch ones?
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #144 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
Then why did you say telescope which get to 6 inch if you we referring to 4 inch ones?
Sorry tropical fish not good with cold water meant small ones like genetically dwarfed ones with a lot of water changes.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #145 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Betta fish are not active is another myth.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:50 PM   #146 
Mo

Depending on the tail type, I used to have a very heavily finned rosetail who was inactive even with proper care due ti his finnagge
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:50 PM   #147 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Someday I want to build a huge pond with comet goldfish and have a cage over it to protect it.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #148 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
Depending on the tail type, I used to have a very heavily finned rosetail who was inactive even with proper care due ti his finnagge
Oh sorry I meant if the fin does not weigh them down meant like a short finned healthy Betta in a proper tank has no reason to be inactive.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #149 
finnfinnfriend

Im sorry i changed the subject back but Choclatebetta can you please stop saying the same things over and over? Most of us dont agree with you anyway. Also no matter how big the tank and how small the bioload, you are going to want to to tank maitenance at least weekly anyway. So the amount of water changes for a single betta is the same in a five gallon as it is in a ten gallon.

Myth! Bones are good treats for dogs
Fact! Bone shards can get stuck in their digestive tract
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #150 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
Im sorry i changed the subject back but Choclatebetta can you please stop saying the same things over and over? Most of us dont agree with you anyway. Also no matter how big the tank and how small the bioload, you are going to want to to tank maitenance at least weekly anyway. So the amount of water changes for a single betta is the same in a five gallon as it is in a ten gallon.

Myth! Bones are good treats for dogs
Fact! Bone shards can get stuck in their digestive tract
Lets all agree to disagree. Another myth freeze dried love and frozen are bad myth. Betta in a 100 gallon would be okay with a monthly change in a smaller tank like a gallon need a change every day or so a bigger tank is always better.