Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #31 
Mako

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
Those are just too small. Why do people think Betta can live in that? Would they put a goldfish in that? An Angelfish? HELL NO.
It's kinda' like how people think that because bettas have labyrinths, they don't need to use filters. They could get away with it but filtration can only help the water quality. You can tell which betta is happier when you compare the two by putting two tanks next to eachother, one in a very small, confined tank and the other in a large tank with adaquete space to swim. It is in a fish's nature to swim. These small tanks take that away from them. That's like taking the wings off of a bird.
Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #32 
Luimeril

that one red has ripped fins. ;n; i own a tank like that. for water changes. 8I or for really tiny females. though a betta hasn't lived in it since Caroline. now, it's for water changes. or holding decor i'm not using. 8U
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #33 
LadyVictorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
It's kinda' like how people think that because bettas have labyrinths, they don't need to use filters. They could get away with it but filtration can only help the water quality. You can tell which betta is happier when you compare the two by putting two tanks next to eachother, one in a very small, confined tank and the other in a large tank with adaquete space to swim. It is in a fish's nature to swim. These small tanks take that away from them. That's like taking the wings off of a bird.
That's no excuse, a human child can live in appalling situations, just look in Africa but you don't see me locking children up in a dark basement and feeding them dog food once a week.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #34 
Mako

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
That's no excuse, a human child can live in appalling situations, just look in Africa but you don't see me locking children up in a dark basement and feeding them dog food once a week.
That is true. People are able to endure pain and suffering and continue through life by adapting to it. That is what bettas do in these small tanks. The result though is an unhealthy life. It seems that when people want a pet but don't know what to get, they end up with a fish thinking that it is as easy as putting rocks in a tank, filling it with water, and putting as many fish in it as they want (fish that they might not even know the names of).They don't consider the conditions that the fish is living in. It's ignorance that kills these fish.
Mako is offline   Reply With Quote