Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #41 
Opioid Slumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by betalover56 View Post
I don't think its weird at all! I talk to my puggle as if he is a child and he really understands and communicates back! I loe animals and I think if you continue to communicate they respond positively and live longer. I am a begginer at Betas and will be setting up a Beta minium in about 3 weeks. I need some opinions here. I would like to do at least a 10 gallon, and I am not sure about doing a split with 1 male and then some females on the other side, or just do an all female sorority tank. and where is the best place to buy betas ? We have a petsmart and also a petco here as well as a huge tropical fish specialty store! Any help would be welcomed! Thanks everyone!
Just to let you know, Betta is spelled with two t's, instead of only one. When it is spelled beta it means either the letter B from the Greek alphabet, or beta testing, which is software testing. When it comes to the fishies though, it's spelled Betta. I'm not trying to sound rude or anything, I just thought you might want to know.
Opioid Slumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:39 PM   #42 
betalover56

Red face

thanks for the info. i will try to change that. where in TN do you live and what do you think about a 10 gallon with a split for a male on one side and females on the other. Or just a 10 gallon with females. also where do you purchase your Bettas
betalover56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #43 
LadyVictorian

I sing to my betta sometimes. I also talk to him and spend a lot of time near his tank because we are working on some stuff for my band so I play our music and hold conversations with him, ask him what he thinks and everything.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:40 AM   #44 
harleraven

Heck, I talk to the "bugs" I raise for research. xD Talking to bettas is no biggie!
harleraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #45 
Opioid Slumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by betalover56 View Post
thanks for the info. i will try to change that. where in TN do you live and what do you think about a 10 gallon with a split for a male on one side and females on the other. Or just a 10 gallon with females. also where do you purchase your Bettas
We live in Murfreesboro. It's about thirty minutes away from Nashville. We buy our bettas and most of their supplies at either Petco or one of the two PetSmarts we have close to us.

A divided ten gal is not enough space to set things up with a male/sorority mix. Females don't usually do well in groups of less than four because they don't develop a good group dynamic. Five gallons is nowhere near enough for four females. Even with a ten gallon, they would be cramped, so I wouldn't recommend it. The only way to have both sexes in a ten gal is to have one on each side of a divided tank. I hope this helps!
Opioid Slumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #46 
betalover56

Wink Talking to your Betta

Since I am a newbie at this, I plan on talking to my Bettas, i am going to have a split tank with a Bettaminium for each fish! I dont know about singing to them, it may kill them! lol. But I will definetly play Jazz music for them!
Old 09-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #47 
betalover56

too funny!
Old 09-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #48 
betalover56

Lady, that is a great idea, I will play some Jazz music when I get mine!
Old 09-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #49 
betalover56

Thank you for all the good info, you have been very helpful!

Tags
betta, male, veil tail